logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigdessert  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2016 9:05:53 PM(UTC)
bigdessert

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
so I think this would be a pretty simple extension but I don't know how to even start coding it.

I would like to modify the joining your session dialog for the guest to be more simple with no pictures. Please see my example of how I would like it to look.

Any help about going about this would be much appreciated.

UserPostedImage

Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 1:11:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To start with, unfortunately, there isn't a solid way to hook into and/or modify an already-existing dialog within ScreenConnect. We've discussed it a few times in the past and while it's not being written off, it's just not a super high priority at the moment.

So, knowing that, the best option is to basically replace the button and thus be able to construct your own modal. These modals are built using the code within our JavaScript libraries, specifically SC.dialog.js (within /Scripts). The logic that decides what options to present to the user is within SC.launch.js and it's pretty complicated, just a fair warning. Also, you can see how they're called from within the Guest.aspx page.

So, if you're looking for a good place to start, I would first try adding another, separate button/actionPanel to the Guest page that launches your modal. You could then spend some time customizing the modal and then figuring out how best to replace the original button.
ScreenConnect Team