logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JellyKid  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 1:49:42 PM(UTC)
JellyKid

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've created a new extension that allows the remote unblocking of yubico smartcards.

The source can be found at https://github.com/JellyKid/sc-yb-unblocker

What is the process for submitting a new extension? I published the extension through the portal but I don't know how it's linked to me.

Also I can't figure out how to have my unblock button get disabled like the join button when there are no sessions selected or greater than 1 session selected. Do I have to write this in myself or is there a standard method for this?

The other thing I haven't figured out is if it's possible to clear the command cache. My application works but it puts the admin pin into the commands cache for anyone to see.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:15:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Great! I love it when members of the community write and submit their own extensions. I see your extension has been submitted and in general, we try to review and turn around submitted extensions within a few days. The extension is linked to you via the authorship key in the ExtensionConfiguration.xml file on your ScreenConnect server. You should consider this file relatively sensitive and ensure that it's backed up appropriately.

Now, I've reviewed your extension and I've noticed an issue. The Web.en-US.resx file still contains resources from the original Command Toolbox extension, those should be removed from your extension. I see that your code on github does not contain these resources, so it looks like a simple mismatch issue. If you can update the Extension and resubmit, I'll be happy to review it again.

You can query the state of other command buttons with SC.event.QueryCommandButtonState which you could use to see what other buttons are enabled and adjust your button's behavior accordingly. Alternatively, and what might be a bit easier, given the usage/context of your button I'd recommend removing it from the HostDetailPanel and leaving it in the HostDetailPopoutPanel; but that's just a suggestion. As far as preventing its usage against multiple machines, I'm wondering if that's really a bad thing? I would think that there could be a circumstance where you'd want to unlock it on multiple machines at the same time. You can use the below code to get the SessionIDs of all currently highlighted sessions:

Code:

var sessionIDs = Array.prototype.map.call(sessions, function (s) { return s.SessionID; });

Finally, 5.6 added the ability to delete commands from the Commands tab and the permission to control it, RemoveCommand.
ScreenConnect Team