logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Abishia  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 6:37:51 PM(UTC)
Abishia

United States

The remote printing feature would be nice but we have no need for it. The issue that we have with it is that it puts our printers on the clients printer list under the control panel. We have no use for remote printing so we wanted to disable the feature. I followed the instructions from this link as well as from several other sources:
http://help.screenconnec...ting_the_web.config_file
This is on a ubuntu server, I did the editing using the sudo command. After making the changes and restarting ScreenConnect, and even the server itself, the software does not work. I do not mind posting my config file but I was wondering if there is anything in there that I should not share for security reasons? Has anyone else had similar issues? Thank you for all of your help and tips!

Reid  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:08:56 PM(UTC)
Reid

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
You may want to remove your WebServerListenUri and RelayListenUri values, as well as any personal information in the mailSettings section of the web.config file. If you would rather not post it to the forum, you can PM me your web.config file and I will take a look at it. Or you can contact us via chat or ticket submission at https://www.screenconnect.com/Support

Edited by moderator Monday, October 10, 2016 7:40:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team