logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
candulj  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:44:26 PM(UTC)
candulj

Man
United States

Hey Everyone,
I currently have SC hosted on a windows server platform and the SC guest page embedded in a hosted website via an embedded iFrame. I would like to fully integrate the SC guest page into the webpage site as a seamless part of the site. The reason for this objective is that the add on extension "Guest Session Starter" creates a named drop down button called "Extra"which does not appear within our guest page from within the hosted website however it does appear and function properly when the SC guest page is requested through an absolute URL to our hosted server which allows one to "Download the Desktop Client" . After pouring through the SC forums I do believe that iFrame is an issue and has conflicting or limited results. What programming expertise would I require to obtain my objective? We currently use Weebly Pro to maintain our site. I can handle html encoding or anything else thrown at me just need for someone to point me in the right direction to get started on what programming is required or suggested. Any suggestions much appreciate.
Thanks in advance, Joe
Thank you,
Joe

Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:54:42 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Quote:
What programming expertise would I require to obtain my objective?

Probably not much, but there's potentially a few ways to accomplish what you want. First off, in the src attribute for your iFrame, are you calling the embedded theme directly? If you're not sure, does the src have something like "?Theme=Embedded" at the end? You could just remove that part from the src and it would then call the entire Guest page, but that may not look to pretty.

Also, just to be clear, did you mean the Guest Session Starter Exe extension? The naming is pretty terrible and something I'm looking to clean up with the extension's next release. With that extension, the Download Desktop Client link really just invokes a download handler contained within the extension's backend. The method is very basic, it doesn't even require any parameters. So, you could then use AngularJS (or just about anything) onto your main site that invokes a URL similar to:

Code:
http://your_screenconnect_site_here:8040/App_Extensions/18c75f30-eb5c-42ba-be18-9ef6850f5437/Download.ashx

To download the desktop client.

Another alternative, since the desktop client is generic, you could just pre-download one and place it on the web server for your main site. That would then give an absolute URL that can be used to download the file.
ScreenConnect Team
candulj  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:31:04 PM(UTC)
candulj

Man
United States

Scott,
Thanks for the reply. Awesome, I'll play with the iframe src as you recommended but will also generate a direct download link. Sometimes when you standing in the forest you don't see the trees. So simple. Thanks for all you do. Joe
Thank you,
Joe