logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcox@hillchurch.com  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:37:54 AM(UTC)
jcox@hillchurch.com

United States

New to Screen Connect. Not a tech wizard by any means, but I can usually figure stuff out. However I'm trying to discover the best practice and easiest setup to provide employees remote access to their computers using screen connect. We are leaving logmeIn and have installed a on premise screen connect server. With logmeIn Central it was pretty easy to config so that individual users could only see the machines you wanted them to see and only be able to connect the computers you wanted them to connect to. However I am having problems finding the best way to set this up with Screen Connect.

Not using AD authentication (that looks complicated to setup at this point, I will tackle that later). So in order to configure Screen Connect so that employees can remote into their PC's and only have access to their own PC's it appears that I have to either create a session group for every individual employee or a Access Grp for every employee and then create a role for every individual employee, and then create a user for every employee. (Maybe I see a way to create only 1 role of "remote user" but that seem fuzzy to me also)

This seems like a lot of work. It feels like I'm missing something and there must be an easier way. Can someone give some guidance here.

Thanks

-Jeff

ckibodeaux  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:42:19 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 33 post(s)
@jcox, there were some posts about this a while back. Here is one of the discussions I've found for you. Hope it helps you!

http://forum.screenconne...-their-PC.aspx#post21848
marktoo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:59:29 AM(UTC)
marktoo

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)