logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bradray  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:04:58 PM(UTC)
bradray

United States

In the past when we were looking at ScreenConnect to replace LogMeIn, we ran into one snag. We used the feature in LogMeIn that allows us to invite our customers to our account to allow them to remote into their own computers. When we inquired about this in ScreenConnect, we were told that this is specifically NOT allowed in their licensing agreement, and that only people in our company can use the ScreenConnect server that we have setup. If the customer wanted to use ScreenConnect, they would need their own ScreenConnect system. We had heard that people were still doing this, by using the security features in Screen Connect to limit specific logins to specific machines, but we weren't interested in setting something up not allowed by the license. We settled on lowering our LogMeIn.com contract, but keeping it around for our end users.

Apparently this position banning clients from using ScreenConnect is no longer true. In the latest version of LabTech, they have added a feature, Remote WorkForce, to the LabTech client portal that allows end users to connect to their assigned machines using ScreenConnect! We can now finally ditch LogMeIn! Or so we thought... the problem is that Remote Printing was such a hassle that we turned it off globally through the XML file. We would need to turn it back on for it to function for the end users that want to print at home, however without the ability to keep it off for our technicians, we don't dare turn it back on.

This brings me to my Feature Request. Please allow us to enable remote printing on demand. Others have requested this, but now that end users are potentially in the picture, it is now even more important.

Ideally printer mapping would default to OFF, but give us the ability from the client application to enable it on demand.

Instead of starting a new thread, I was going to tag this onto the others that have requested this, but there seems to be so many threads asking for this, that I didn't know which one I should add it to. Also, it seems that it might have gone unnoticed as since the devs have given us the ability to globally turn it off, they might consider the request fulfilled.

rjessen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:42:55 PM(UTC)
rjessen

United States

Where is the option to turn remote printing off globally through the XML file?
My version is 5.2.8724.5567
Matt Highsmith  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:33:41 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
To disable remote printing, add the following entry to the web.config file's appSettings section (same section that contains WebServerListenUri and RelayListenUri):

Code:
<add key="DisableRemotePrinting" value="true" />

this will not remove the printers that are already on the systems. you will need to manually remove the printers. you can search disable remote printing for ways to remove the printers.
rjessen  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:45:32 PM(UTC)
rjessen

United States

Thanks,
I just found this link with more detailed instructions.

https://docs.labtechsoft...owledgebase/article/9192