logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cfut  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 11:27:39 AM(UTC)
cfut

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This may be a simple question, but I keep running into this problem.
I need to be able to disconnect the remote user from the host computer without any help from the remote user.

For example I connect to my work PC from home, then I go to work but forget to disconnect the session. I get to work and need to be able to end that session but can't.

I've tried ending the task several times, rebooting the work comptuer (host), even uninstalling Screen Connect from the host computer. But the remote PC stays logged into the system and using a license.

Is there any way to do this?
Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked cfut for this useful post.
rboatright on 4/16/2012(UTC)

rboatright  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 1:00:52 PM(UTC)
rboatright

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

yep, status needs to show whos connected, and then there needs to be a 'kick that person off" button.
-_ Rick
Sr. Developer
TBC Software
Tasty Tasty  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 4:47:52 PM(UTC)
Tasty Tasty

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

cfut wrote:
This may be a simple question, but I keep running into this problem.
I connect to my work PC from home, then I go to work but forget to disconnect the session. I get to work and need to be able to end that session but can't.

I do this sometimes too and would appreciate the option.
bigdessert  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 5:42:06 PM(UTC)
bigdessert

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Guys, 2.4 has the ability to join the same session multiple times by the same tech or by multiple techs without using up any more licensing. This is not needed now that this feature was added in 2.4.
carl0s  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:26:37 AM(UTC)
carl0s

United Kingdom

This is still a problem.

My colleague went to bed last night and stayed connected to two servers (using two licenses).

I now can't get on to anything (any other servers)

I need to be able to kick his sessions off.

Yes I can get onto the servers that he is connected to, but I can't even disconnect him from there, unless I end the screenconnect client exe/service, which means I won't be able to get back onto the machine afterwards.
Jeff  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:02:41 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
We may provider other methods in future but if you connect to the same session and go to participant list you can kick your colleague off the session. Then when you disconnect no one is still connected to customer machine. Here is a forum post about this topic: http://forum.screenconne...f-Sessions.aspx#post7895
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Jeff for this useful post.
Alan on 5/6/2014(UTC)
carl0s  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:20:25 PM(UTC)
carl0s

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Jeff Go to Quoted Post
We may provider other methods in future but if you connect to the same session and go to participant list you can kick your colleague off the session. Then when you disconnect no one is still connected to customer machine. Here is a forum post about this topic: http://forum.screenconne...f-Sessions.aspx#post7895

Ah, I've got it - thanks!

I thought you meant in the client on the remote computer.

That's fine.. thanks very much.

Edited by user Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:23:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

info@editltd.co.uk  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 6:05:57 PM(UTC)
info@editltd.co.uk

United Kingdom

Hi Hope you can help, we are not seeing the option to disconnect the host? I have logged in as same user/tech and also as admin, does not show locked session/host in order to disconnect/kick off

Thanks in advance for your help
Scott  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 6:23:11 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
You do not need to login as the same Host, just log into the same session that was left open. This KB page has how to kick a Host out: http://help.screenconnec...client_participants_menu
ScreenConnect Team
info@editltd.co.uk  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:26:01 PM(UTC)
info@editltd.co.uk

United Kingdom

I have logged into the same session but is only showing me and guest so cannot kick out locked participant they are not shown? Am I doing something wrong?
Jeff  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:15:36 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Man

If you left a connection open at home for example and get to work and login then it should show your name twice and the guest name. When you hover mouse over each of your names, one of them will show an 'X'. This is the non-active session and by clicking the 'X' you are terminating your home session. Once you disconnect from session at work the diagram should show that no one else is connected to that session.

If that doesn't work let us know and we can do a quick session to look at it with you.
ScreenConnect Team
info@editltd.co.uk  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:00:25 PM(UTC)
info@editltd.co.uk

United Kingdom

I've tried that but only comes up with one name? Our connection became very slow and was just hanging on negotiating so we rebooted server, after that it did have error on session manager for server status. So I think my session is locked somewhere there?
It would be great if you can take a look say in the morning around 10:30? Do you have an email address I can contact you on?
Jeff  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 12:23:51 AM(UTC)
Jeff

Man

Looks like your in the UK, if you can contact our team we would be happy to help (https://www.screenconnect.com/Support) we would be happy to help. Generally our hours are around 8am-5pm Eastern. But we have a few guys that come in early and a few that state late. I would say around your lunch time would be a good time. We can hop on a session and look at it with you. I just tested on a few machines and it seemed to work ok.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:32:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team