logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ClaudioH  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:27:13 PM(UTC)
ClaudioH

United States

Dear SC Staff.
At this point, I'm a fan of SC for several reasons.

But 'we' need to see updated Videos on your Youtube channel for God Sake. Several are 2~3 years old or worse.
What that mean is, what I watch on the video... it is not what I have in my latest/updated version of SC.

I went looking for a simple video that might show SC all goodies... but all techi-jargon-specific-instructed videos there.

I didn't find a simple-no brain showing all the great features SC has in just 1 video-tour, specially for all basic users, not necessary for IT Tech.

Even an IT Tech, watching this special-basic-video showing around SC features of simple use would be fascinated and very interested to know more about it.
(When I introduced SC in my first meeting, participating ITs were ...'levitating' in fascination, they just love it right away, and they wanted to play with it)
Sometime you have to convince to whoever pay for it, normally a non-techie boss, as example.

I'm trying to introduce SC to a reticent/stubborn IT Tech in our organization that HAS to use it,
since I'm forcing SC to be used and replace another old RDPs (we are still using 3 old: Dameware old version, VNC and RDP),
knowing that she will love it after she watch the video, and keep an unique enterprise edition
where we can team-up across several branches (this is one of the goodies).

I hope you help us to help you to grow.

Oh! Almost forgot: A repetitive 'em..' 'am..' 'hm..' ( a filler, a sound which signals a pause, or any kind of mumbling)
With all due respect, those should not be allowed. Nop!.
I beg you for this! It shows and improvised, unrehearsed, unskilled=not professional video.
I believe they were the original made-in-a-rush enthusiastic video to show SC for first time, but need to be replaced asap. Please.

Thank for reading. I hope you take this as a constructive criticism, to help improve the outcome.

= D

Edited by user Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:58:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Improve and polishing.

Matt Highsmith  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 4:14:43 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have sent the feature page to "non" IT people for it shows little videos for each feature. that might work.

https://www.screenconnec.../Remote-Support-Features
ClaudioH  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:40:20 PM(UTC)
ClaudioH

United States

Thanks Matt, I love to see that really neat and organized static page with all SC awesome features, listing dozens of them. I will read in detail soon.

But I'm talking about a simple, short-to-the point VIDEO-TOUR of SC, and ABC of capability, for 'non' IT people.

In order to catch first-glance interest on people these days, you have to be brief and 'straight to your eyes'.

Let me tell you, my boss or whoever take decision to buy a product, will see straight to my eyes with serious face telling me: I'm NOT gonna read that, I don't have time.
(and also) BTW I don't understand those stuff.

For example:
Seamless firewall traversal
User Account Control (UAC)
or even 'Centralize your toolbox'

They don't care about those stuff (we do). They want to see what is this tool capable of on simple terms.

Thanks for your welcome post to this matter.

Mike  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:30:57 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
This is a project that we've been discussing. We hope to start publishing regularly again in Q4 to update and add new information.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Mike for this useful post.
cristobalcat on 6/17/2016(UTC)