logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdandrea  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 10:33:56 PM(UTC)
cdandrea

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Collapsed (+) vs Expanded (-)

+ Outdated Clients

- Outdated Clients
--- Server
--- Mac silent install (5.4+)
--- Mac manual install
--- Windows

Code:

IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Server*', '-- Servers', IIF (((GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Mac*') AND (GuestClientVersion LIKE '5.4.*')),'--- Mac silent install (5.4+)', IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Mac*','--- Mac manual install', IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Windows*', '-- Windows', '-- Other'))))

+ Company Name

- Company Name
--- Site A
--- Site B
--- Servers
--- Mac
--- Windows
--- Site C

Code:

CustomProperty2,IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Server*', '-- Servers', IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Mac*', '-- Mac', IIF (GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Windows*', '-- Windows', '-- Other')))

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 3:08:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added the version number to code

Jake  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:24:25 AM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
We should make our editor multiline so you guys can format better.
ScreenConnect Team
cdandrea  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:35:39 AM(UTC)
cdandrea

Canada

Are you referring to the forum editor? Or the manage session groups editor in ScreenConnect?
michaeldale  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:36:09 AM(UTC)
michaeldale

Australia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Active Sessions:
HostConnectedCount > 0

Old Agents:
GuestClientVersion < $SERVERVERSION

Old Mac Agents:
GuestClientVersion < $SERVERVERSION AND GuestOperatingSystemName <> 'Mac OS X'

Servers:
GuestOperatingSystemName LIKE '*Server*' OR NAME LIKE '*server*'

Default group we use for computers that have not been assigned yet.
CustomProperty1 = 'Unassigned'
Cloud Helpdesk: http://bluetrait.com/
cdandrea  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 2:36:22 AM(UTC)
cdandrea

Canada

Are you referring to the forum editor? Or the manage session groups editor in ScreenConnect?
Jesseb  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 1:10:39 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
+ Parent Company
- CEO/Assistant
- Chris James
- Contractor
- James A.
- Jane Doe
- Jim D.
- John Doe
- Mel
- Site A
- Site B
- Site C
- Site D
- Vendor A
- Vendor B

I got a little carried away =), but it keeps things organized for me! Next step is figuring out Security rules. (Names changed for privacy of course)

Code:
IIF (Name LIKE 'John Doe%', 'John Doe', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Jim%', 'Jim D.', IIF  (Name LIKE 'James%', 'James A.', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Chris J%', 'Chris James', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Jane D%', 'Jane Doe', IIF  (Name = 'ComputerNameA', 'Vendor A', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Melissa%', 'Mel', IIF  (Name LIKE 'ComputerPrefix%', 'VendorB', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Hank%' OR Name LIKE 'HB%' OR Name LIKE 'Jan%', 'CEO/Assistant', IIF  (Name = 'ServerNameA' OR Name = 'ServerNameC', 'Accounting Dept.', IIF  (Name = 'ComputerNameC' OR Name LIKE 'ComputerPrefix%' OR Name LIKE 'Jan%' OR Name LIKE 'Paul%' OR Name = 'ComputerNameD', 'Contractor', IIF  (CustomProperty1 = 'SiteA-OfficePrefix%', 'Site A', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteB-OfficePrefix%', 'Site B', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteC-OfficePrefix%', 'Site C', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteD-OfficePrefix%', 'Site D', 'Main Office')))))))))))))))
cdandrea  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 3:03:04 PM(UTC)
cdandrea

Canada

Hey Jesseb,

I'm curious. Do all of those "types" of subgroups accommodate installation (namely the vendors) onto their devices? It would seem like it would require constant upkeep to adjust for changing staff or rotating/recycling of computers. I'm a huge fan of sites under companies though, as you indicated. Did you create the separate session groups for individuals to define the no consent options within the security roles?
Jesseb  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 5:34:45 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If I understand what you're asking correctly, then yes, because each Site has it's own installer, or their own Session Group name/ID company name. And upkeep so far hasn't been bad at all.

I have in my Toolbox a folder for 'Parent Company'. Then, each 'Site' under the parent company folder. I pre-made the installers with the 'Organization' field corresponding to only Parent Company, SiteA, SiteB and so-on, just like you would for different organizations, and uploaded them to each of their folders in the toolbox. Then, if a new PC is added, I just go to my toolbox and run their installer. Then, to get them into the same Parent Company and sub-group Site:

The 'Parent Company' as the main session group filter:
Code:

CustomProperty1 LIKE 'Parent Company%'

Instead, I'll make my main filter like this:
Code:

CustomProperty1 LIKE 'Parent Company%' OR CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteA-OfficePrefix%' OR CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteB-OfficePrefix%' OR CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteC-OfficePrefix%' OR CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteD-OfficePrefix%'

That makes this:
+Parent Company
- SiteA
- SiteB
- SiteC
- SiteD

Then the rest from my first post is to break-out specific user's PC's or groups of PCs that I access frequently. I still need to see if I can create rules to only show certain sub-groups (admins feel free to chime in here =) ) for the Vendors, but I like it because it keeps my main list clean, and I'll only see them if I click on the parent company instead of 50 Session Groups.

Originally Posted by: cdandrea Go to Quoted Post
Hey Jesseb,

I'm curious. Do all of those "types" of subgroups accommodate installation (namely the vendors) onto their devices? It would seem like it would require constant upkeep to adjust for changing staff or rotating/recycling of computers. I'm a huge fan of sites under companies though, as you indicated. Did you create the separate session groups for individuals to define the no consent options within the security roles?

cdandrea  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 7:42:07 PM(UTC)
cdandrea

Canada

Originally Posted by: Jesseb Go to Quoted Post

I have in my Toolbox a folder for 'Parent Company'. Then, each 'Site' under the parent company folder. I pre-made the installers with the 'Organization' field corresponding to only Parent Company, SiteA, SiteB and so-on, just like you would for different organizations, and uploaded them to each of their folders in the toolbox. Then, if a new PC is added, I just go to my toolbox and run their installer. Then, to get them into the same Parent Company and sub-group

That's pretty ambitious. We wanted to approach things that way (custom installers in the toolbox) earlier on but we're pretty aggressive with staying current with the ScreenConnect releases. We keep things fairly generic for the built installer, adding "Deployed through Tool Box" to the CustomProperty. We then have a session group that lists those devices. It makes it fairly easy to pick them up and attach the proper details so they get shunted to the proper session group(s). For us, having to rebuild all the custom installers across 100 clients (at each ScreenConnect release, is a little too much for us. Granted we could simply establish a "milestone" build, e.g. 5.4 which allows silent installs on the Macs, and follow that up with a Reinstall to bring them up-to-date (I think I just talked myself into that, maybe).

Then the rest from my first post is to break-out specific user's PC's or groups of PCs that I access frequently. I still need to see if I can create rules to only show certain sub-groups (admins feel free to chime in here =) ) for the Vendors, but I like it because it keeps my main list clean, and I'll only see them if I click on the parent company instead of 50 Session Groups.

I'm still not getting the Vendor session groups. Can you elaborate?
shawnkhall  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 8:19:34 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Code:
IIF (Name LIKE 'John Doe%', 'John Doe', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Jim%', 'Jim D.', IIF  (Name LIKE 'James%', 'James A.', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Chris J%', 'Chris James', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Jane D%', 'Jane Doe', IIF  (Name = 'ComputerNameA', 'Vendor A', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Melissa%', 'Mel', IIF  (Name LIKE 'ComputerPrefix%', 'VendorB', IIF  (Name LIKE 'Hank%' OR Name LIKE 'HB%' OR Name LIKE 'Jan%', 'CEO/Assistant', IIF  (Name = 'ServerNameA' OR Name = 'ServerNameC', 'Accounting Dept.', IIF  (Name = 'ComputerNameC' OR Name LIKE 'ComputerPrefix%' OR Name LIKE 'Jan%' OR Name LIKE 'Paul%' OR Name = 'ComputerNameD', 'Contractor', IIF  (CustomProperty1 = 'SiteA-OfficePrefix%', 'Site A', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteB-OfficePrefix%', 'Site B', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteC-OfficePrefix%', 'Site C', IIF  (CustomProperty1 LIKE 'SiteD-OfficePrefix%', 'Site D', 'Main Office')))))))))))))))

That seems like a huge cluster when proper use of custom properties should be able to make it as simple as:

Code:
CustomProperty2 + ': ' + Name