logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mradr  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 9:01:57 PM(UTC)
Mradr

United States

So far I am making this work just fine to allow access to different techs to control and help customers out base off their log in level and access level.

The problem I am running into to make this even easier is that under the security settings - there are tons of "allow/view" but no option to "block/hide". I know that sounds backwards, but with the way I have things - or would like to make things - I will need a "NOT".

For example, I have screen connect showing different companies under the Access menu. From there I track assign users and their security level.

From there, I block access to "all-access" and then assign each sub menu to the tech level I want them to be able to access to. This takes a lot of time. I have to update the access each time I add a new company.

Instead of allowing every sub menu to be seen - I like to go a head and have it show all the menus and just hide a selection of these instead: *NOT* ViewSessionGroup: 'CompanyName'

Hope this is clear. If you have questions, please let me know.

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2015 10:57:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mike  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:50:42 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Thanks for your submission. I'll be sure to log your request.
ScreenConnect Team
Hikato  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:06:09 PM(UTC)
Hikato

Man
United States

+1

Would be useful to have a "RequireGuestConsent" instead of "HostSessionWithoutConsent", so I could allow it for all machines except those groups. I have over 100 groups that change often, so it's easier to require consent for one group instead of adding "HostSessionWithoutConsent" for all but those couple of groups.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:17:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified