logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1MEG  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:28:04 PM(UTC)
1MEG

Man
United States

I have tried this on different guests from different hosts, using different printers. If I try to print anything in landscape it does not work. I haven't had time to try any other printer features, such as duplexing, multi-page, etc. - but it may be wise to check these as well.

I am using version 5.2.8724.5567

Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:12:31 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I just tried to replicate this against a few different installs and it behaved correctly on each. What OS is on the server on which ScreenConnect is installed? What kind of printers have you tested against?

When you say landscape doesn't work, does the printer do nothing or does it print in portrait?
ScreenConnect Team
1MEG  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:31:59 PM(UTC)
1MEG

Man
United States

The server is Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. The extensions I have installed are:
Rearrange Host Session Types (currently disabled)
ScreenConnector
Expand Thumbnail Preview Image
Expand and Minimize Host Page Panels
List Published Sessions

The printer prints portrait, cutting off the page. In other words, it acts like it is sending a landscape page, but it never turns the paper.

We have tried it on a number of different printers, even PDF Creator, which is a printer driver that captures the file into a PDF without printing. The problem is only when printing locally from the remote connection.
1MEG  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:59:06 PM(UTC)
1MEG

Man
United States

I've now got another remote user complaining of the same problem. He is also experiencing one more issue. When printing a report that runs from an MS Access DB to his local printer, it prints part of the page, but cuts off the last line or 2. I don't know if the problem could be related.

Is there any information on the first issue yet?
Scott  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 3:39:54 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I haven't been able to replicate it and honestly I'm a little confounded as to how it could happen.

With this new report, you have a user who is printing from MS Access on a remote machine to his local printer and it's only printing half of the page? I'm really not sure how the relay could only transmit half of the message, so I'd like to clarify that if possible.

Also, 5.3 had a number of fixes/tweaks for remote printing, what version are you running?
ScreenConnect Team
1MEG  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 6:49:18 PM(UTC)
1MEG

Man
United States

Well, we were 5.2.8724.5567

I updated to 5.3.9074.5646 and was able to test it so far on one machine and the problem is no longer there. So I'm going to assume that the problem is resolved unless it comes up again.

Thanks,

Mike
Kuffy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:46:12 PM(UTC)
Kuffy

United Kingdom

If SC "Universal Printer" is actually cutepdf, then the problem with landscape may be that it's changing the paper size.