logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasgot  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:27:36 PM(UTC)
jasgot

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I just got off the phone with SC support. I called because after adding the DisableRemotePrinting, the printers were still listed at the client's PC.

Support was sympathetic, but no help. They said fixing the screw up with the remoteprinting was beyond their scope. Go Figure.

So, Here is how I fix it. It does not need PowerShell like the developers at SC would suggest you need for scripting.

FIRST: You MUST know what is in between the Parens () on the clients printers assigned from your session.

For me, the clients PCs show (jason) after each printer that was redirected from my host to the client.

I run these commands from a cmd file in my toolbox on each Client that have these left over printers. This is much easier than doing it manually.

I list the printer with "jason" in the name, then I delete them, then I list them again. I've used it enough that I don't care to see the results any more, but if you do, just unrem the "pause" command at the end of your cmd file and you will be prompted to press any key to close the command window.

My KillRemoteSCPrinters.cmd script:
@cls
@echo off
wmic PRINTER where "NAME like '%%jason%%'" get name
wmic PRINTER where "NAME like '%%jason%%'" Delete
wmic PRINTER where "NAME like '%%jason%%'" get name
REM pause

If you need to elevate to admin rights (including on a domain), use this instead:

@cls
@echo off
set /p admin="Enter [Domain\]AdminName]: "
runas /user:%admin% "wmic PRINTER where 'NAME like '%%jason%%'' Delete"

Cheers!

Jason

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2015 1:23:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Will  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:59:28 PM(UTC)
Will

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Jasgot,

Thanks for posting this solution, I believe it will prove to be useful to others!

I just wanted to clarify a couple points:
-Fixing/addressing this issue is most certainly within our scope however, pushing out a custom script or commands via commandline are not.
-The powershell script we discussed was a solution one of the developers created - clearly there are other methods to accomplish this

I sincerely apologies for any confusion.

-Will
ScreenConnect Team