logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smoberly  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 11:52:03 AM(UTC)
Smoberly

United States

I have a large amount of servers we have access to at any time for support. However I can not seem to figure out how to create groups under the access section so I can narrow down my scrolling for each customer or type of customer depending on how I lay it out.

Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 12:49:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
The way grouping sessions in ScreenConnect works is that you create filters that will display sessions if the filter's logic returns true for that particular session. With this in mind, say you have a session named ServerDC01, you could create a session group to display any session whose name is ServerDC01 with:

Code:

Name = 'ServerDC01'

You can also include wildcards to include any session whose name contains Server with:

Code:

Name LIKE '*' + 'Server' + '*'

In addition, the Organization field is a custom property that we enable by default and you reference it with the CustomProperty1 property. So, say you have some machines where the Organization field is set to CompanyA and you want to display any server from that Organization. You can do that using the AND operator like:

Code:

(CustomProperty1 = 'CompanyA') AND (Name LIKE '*' + 'server' + '*')
ScreenConnect Team
Smoberly  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 11:16:17 AM(UTC)
Smoberly

United States

Thank you for the quick answer, but I am so unfamiliar with screen connect presently I get what you asking me to do although I do not understand where I am supposed to make these changes. I am a former logmein user so everything was really simple. Create a folder and put the server in that folder and done. If you can at least point me in right direction of where to input these codes and filters or at help file so I can get this going for all our technicians.
ckibodeaux  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:45:52 PM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Smoberly, maybe this can help get you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to ask if you need more help. :)

http://help.screenconnec...=Managing_session_groups