logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pauper  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 5:45:59 PM(UTC)
Pauper

Hello, I am testing out this application for the company I work for and I absolutely love the application but I have a problem with a few things and I was hoping that someone could give me some assistance.

1. Is there a keystroke sequence to send Ctrl+Alt+Delete?
2. Is there a Desktop shortcut that can be installed that will allow us to quickly open a session directly to a system, similar to VNC or RDP?
3. Can anything be done about this security warning when using Java?

Thank you,
Joel

ZATZAi  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 7:06:31 PM(UTC)
ZATZAi

Man

I don't know of a keystroke sequence but there is an option in the drop down menu up top send a C.A.D. command (It's under the Gear icon).

I don't think there are any desktop shortcuts unfortunately, though it might be possible to program your own. There are some extensions and accessory programs people have made to facility quick connections via the taskbar icon menu though. Have a look in the customization forum.

Got nothing for ya on the last part.

(I don't work for Elsinore technologies btw)
-ZATZAi
Pauper  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 8:11:40 PM(UTC)
Pauper

Originally Posted by: ZATZAi Go to Quoted Post
I don't know of a keystroke sequence but there is an option in the drop down menu up top send a C.A.D. command (It's under the Gear icon).

I don't think there are any desktop shortcuts unfortunately, though it might be possible to program your own. There are some extensions and accessory programs people have made to facility quick connections via the taskbar icon menu though. Have a look in the customization forum.

Got nothing for ya on the last part.

(I don't work for Elsinore technologies btw)

Thank you sir, I appreciate it! I know about the gear icon, it is just easy to pass a keystroke through rather than clicking on the button every time.

I will take a look at the forums. Still hoping someone form SC will post here!

Thank you!
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 4:07:10 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I'll add a +1 to the keystroke binding of CAD for you, because currently it can only be passed from the Miscellaneous control panel.

As far as a desktop client, have you tried the ScreenConnect extension? That allows you to easily and quickly connect to sessions from your desktop without having to open a browser. It does require .NET 4.5+, though.

Which security warning are you talking about? Can you post a screenshot? Also, with which exact version of ScreenConnect are you trialing?
ScreenConnect Team
Pauper  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 4:20:43 PM(UTC)
Pauper

As far as a desktop client, have you tried the ScreenConnect extension? That allows you to easily and quickly connect to sessions from your desktop without having to open a browser. It does require .NET 4.5+, though. Installed - Thank you!

Which security warning are you talking about? Can you post a screenshot? Also, with which exact version of ScreenConnect are you trialing? I am running the latest update as of last Wednesday. When the client joins a session for the first time they are prompted, depending on web browser, to download and install the Java application that allows the user to join the session.
Jeff  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:29:47 AM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Getting Java on a Windows machine? Is possible as its an option but we should be defaulting to various .net based clients first. Certainly something our team could look at with you to see why you are getting this so we can try to resolve. If its something you can replicate I think contacting our team we would be happy to help (https://www.screenconnect.com/Support) when you have time would be good first start. They can see what you are seeing and make best recommendations.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:32:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
RADRaze2KX  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:46:43 PM(UTC)
RADRaze2KX

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If you're wanting a keystroke combination for CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the task manager, you can use CTRL+SHIFT+ESC ...
My How-To's:
Restrict A User's Access to Certain Computers: Forum Search (Posts) "25422"