logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Icebun  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 10:57:38 AM(UTC)
Icebun

United Kingdom

If I create a remote session using the Simple Code join mode I can connect to this session using the ScreenConnector tool.

When a user initiates a remote session via the Desktop client, the join mode is Invitation only.

How can I user the ScreenConnector in this situation? I tried entering the value the user had entered in the one and only dialog box before he hit the Join button but the this does not work.

In addition, will this work where the administrator credentials include a OTP via Google Authenticator as well?

Edited by user Friday, January 23, 2015 10:59:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 9:01:39 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
The Desktop client prefixes session names with 'GuestClient - '. I was able to use the ScreenConnector to connect to a session that I entered test as the name (in the desktop client) by entering 'GuestClient - test' for the session name.

And no, the ScreenConnector does not currently support OTP auth, but I can add that to the enhancement request list.
ScreenConnect Team