logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The Open File  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:53:44 AM(UTC)
The Open File

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm a great believer in the KISS principle, so here is how my setup is constructed:

1. My website, The Open File, is hosted at GoDaddy, where I have an account set up using "shared hosting", so I don't have my own server.
2. I needed a web server, so I hauled out one of the server trade-ins from one of my clients and set it up at my home. Since I have static IP service from my ISP, all I had to do was configure port forwarding on my firewall for the 8040/8041 ports.
3. I installed Windows Server 2003 and then the .net stuff, etc., then ScreenConnect.
4. I customized the logo to show my company name and also changed the link on the guest page to point back to The Open File website. I also edited a few of the texts, and removed the Help link from the guest page.
5. I added a little graphic to the home page of The Open File website and linked it to my home socket (IP + port).
6. I have a Droid X from Verizon, so I downloaded the Android app to it, and it works as advertised.
6. I added FTP services to my little web server, so I no longer have to worry about how to get large files to any of my clients.

It all works like a champ, and it's simple, too. If anyone wants a little more detail on what I've done, drop a reply and I'll expand on what I did.

Thanks, ScreenConnect, for such a useful and affordable product. Goodbye TeamViewer, Logmein, and GoToMyPC!

Regards,
The Open File

Mike Petersen
The Open File

pszilard  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 9:25:39 PM(UTC)
pszilard

Man

Like your approach and your site.

You might consider changing the message where currently it just says "No support sessions are currently available." To something like, "Contact us for a remote session!". Just my 2 cents' worth.

Merry Christ-mas,
-paul, Down Under
Blog | Photos | Email me