logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ReadingPlus  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 5:27:55 PM(UTC)
ReadingPlus

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Hi all,

I was wondering of there was a way to add the Help Tab/Pane to be visible on the Guest Welcome Pane.

Right now the only option is Login. This would be very useful to our customers when we are offline to provide additional support links for them.

Thanks!

Jeff  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 7:56:09 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
I will certainly submit this into the queue for our team to consider both in product development and as an extension. There are quite a few extensions available today that add links and information to the guest page. I would take a look at one of those to see if it could be used or modified for your purpose as well.
ScreenConnect Team
ReadingPlus  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 8:33:51 PM(UTC)
ReadingPlus

United States

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have tried several of the extensions, including one of which I thought would work, More Pages. Unfortunately this extension caused our installation to become unstable due to multiple cookies confusing the session manager in the browser which would end up returning a 400 error for the site. The cookie from the screenconnect session was confused with the cookie from the link we added into More Pages. The only way to correct the issue was by deleting the More Pages extension from the server as the Admin pane became inaccessible.

I hope through either product development or through an extension we can get this functionality at a later date.

Thanks!
Transactor1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:51:07 AM(UTC)
Transactor1

United Kingdom

We would also like this feature.

Using the "More Pages" extension we can add links to the title area for logged in users, but we'd like to show a link in the title area on the Guest page when the user is not logged in. You mentioned there's quite a few extensions that add links to the Guest page, but I couldn't see any others available.
Jeff  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:19:41 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Sorry I guess I should have not used the term links. The Guest Basic Installer Builder and Guest Session Starter.exe extension both add downloadable files from the Extras menu of the Guest page. Add links using a similar method via extension would probably work. I know a lot of our community has customized the html of their guest page to add their own objects and information as well.

But sure I will certainly make sure our team reviews this as a possible extension or maybe one of the community can assist writing something similar. I have already registered as enhancement in our system.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Jeff for this useful post.
ReadingPlus on 1/20/2015(UTC)
ReadingPlus  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:22:20 PM(UTC)
ReadingPlus

United States

+1

Thank you for the update Jeff. This is a feature that would be very useful to the customers we support. Glad to know it has some visibility!