logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbelbin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:52:57 AM(UTC)
rbelbin

United States

We currently use LabTech and I am trying to find a way to connect to a host session using a command of some kind.
I have been browsing the forum and contacted support and haven't been able to get it working quite right.
Hopefully somebody can get me pointed in the right direction.

1. URL launch. - Using http://mydomain.com:8040/Host#All Machines/GUID/Join - This mostly works but opens a new browser window each time (I can live with that if I have to) and sometimes SC cant' seem to find the guid and looks like it's trying to open all my sessions. That may be an issue of getting the guid passed in from LT correctly I'm not sure.

2. ScreenConnector extension - This would be fantastic if it worked. I can't seem to pass the parameters correctly. It appears to be the hashedpassword value. I can't figure out how to hash it correctly and I keep getting an invalid parameter. We are using AD auth but I also have a test server set up with SC auth. The other problem is that it doesn't appear to accept the GUID in the session box. It would be great if it did but I can work around it if it won't.

3. Passing parameters directly to the windowsclient.exe - I haven't been able to get this to work. It looks like it would require an authentication token of some time to be included in the parameters but I would imagine that that would change each time the token expires.

I'm hoping that somewhere along the line someone has been able to get a working command to join an access session as a host and might be able to share that with me. Or if the developer who wrote screenconnector.exe could shed a little light on passing a password as a variable.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:54:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lpopejoy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:56:57 AM(UTC)
lpopejoy

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I can get you more details later if you need them, but we are doing the same thing. This link will join he session: http:/url/[x]/[guid]/Join

Are you running that via a command?
rbelbin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:19:52 AM(UTC)
rbelbin

United States

Yes, I used the LT script on here (Inspired techs I believe. I don't have the exact command in front of me. What is the (X) in your URL?
lpopejoy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:28:43 AM(UTC)
lpopejoy

https://DNSNAME/Host#All%20Machines//[GUIDhere]/Join (seems like the "J" was case sensitive?)
rbelbin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:34:32 PM(UTC)
rbelbin

United States

Found my problem. - The script I'm using pulls the GUID in with no dashes which worked on previous versions.
In version 5, trying to connect returns "Unable to convert arguments to corresponding parameter types"

lpopejoy, are you still on Version 4?

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to add the dashes into the GUID?
Scott  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:59:35 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
What script are you using to retrieve the GUID? Is the script itself removing the dashes?

Also, Guid structures are pretty well defined, in theory you could just modify the script to add the dashes back into place, although depending upon the script that may be kind of hackish.

xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
ScreenConnect Team
rbelbin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:17:38 PM(UTC)
rbelbin

United States

I'm using
http://rmm.inspiredtechs...ScreenConnect_Deploy.zip

The command used to pull the GUID from the registry is

reg query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services /f "screenconnect Client" |findstr ^HKEY_.*$
lpopejoy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:52:19 PM(UTC)
lpopejoy

I am on version 5 - but just since last week. I will double check that we are getting dashes in the guid. Pretty sure we are.
lpopejoy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
lpopejoy

Definitely have dashes here. There was a release of 5.0 where that GUID was broken. Any chance you are on that release?
thanks 1 user thanked lpopejoy for this useful post.
rbelbin on 12/17/2014(UTC)
rbelbin  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:34:08 AM(UTC)
rbelbin

United States

So I did some more looking and the guid is coming in correctly. The computers I was seeing with the bad guid had probably been installed with the version containing the guid error. I just installed the latest stable release and the script and join URL are working. Thanks for all the help!
ppinti  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 9:40:55 PM(UTC)
ppinti

United States

Hi All,
New to screenconnect, we are using labtech and was wondering if anyone can steer me in the direction of how I can intergrate it with LT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete
Scott  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:53:59 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Well I'm not very familiar with the scripts myself, but I do look at the forums at www.labtechgeek.com pretty frequently for ScreenConnect integration stuff. They have a number of community created scripts there for everything from client deployment to instant session joining.
ScreenConnect Team