logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bundabrg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:50:57 AM(UTC)
bundabrg

I have a couple of clients who don't like connecting to port 8041, but for various reasons I did not want to change everyone to a port that worked for them because it was likely that any port I picked would break another client.

Presently ScreenConnect does not do any of the following: -

• Server listen on multiple ports
  • Client try to connect out on multiple ports

My fix was to work around the first item by redirecting multiple ports to port 8041. This is easy to do under Linux and can be achieved with the iptables command.

For example, if you wanted to listen on Port 443, Port 80 and Port 25 you can do the following (assuming your system listens on port 8041 already): -
Code:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8041
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8041
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 25 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8041

This will now allow connections to work on 443, 80 and 25 (until you restart. You'll need to add the lines to a startup script to make it persistent).

Second issue is the client connecting out. As the current server doesn't allow you to set custom ports, I merely reconfigured the server briefly to listen on the other ports, generated the unattended clients, then configured it back to 8041. Then installed the relevant client where needed. Obviously this will break with reinstalls.