logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubes13  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:44:32 PM(UTC)
scubes13

Man

First, I would like to thank you all for making this application available and giving your users the ability to customize the branding of the application.

Is there any way to rename the downloaded file from "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.jnlp" to something else?

And/or is there a way to rename the Title of the running client? IE, when running it on Mac, it shows as "ScreenConnect Guest Client".

Thanks again!
scubes13

scubes13  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:03:47 AM(UTC)
scubes13

Man

Ok, I see (if I open the jnlp file up in an editor) that I can change the following fields:

<title>ScreenConnect Guest Client</title>
<vendor>Elsinore Technologies Inc.</vendor>

However, I don't know where to change them so that the changes are made before someone downloads the client.

scubes13
Jake  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:47:37 PM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
That is generated from an ASP.NET web handler that pulls from hard coded constants. In Java we have the ability to change it at runtime. In .NET we don't that have capability, as we have to sign at compile time. So to keep everything consistent we didn't allow customization of either.
ScreenConnect Team
skuliaxe  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:48:50 PM(UTC)
skuliaxe

I don´t suppose there has been any change to this function/feature request?

It would mean a great deal for us if the downloaded GuestClient file would have our companies name. Many customers trust that the session is self hosted due to security reasons and having the current "Elsinore ScreenConnect GuestClient" download name raises some suspicion. Not that this would hinder us from keep using ScreenConnect, this would just be such a great feature.