logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:34:32 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
We are constantly looking for websites, blogs, user groups, message boards, forums, trade shows, software review sites, and other industry specific news services that we should be following or participating in where we can both learn about the industry needs and grow product recognition.

If you have a favorite place that you go to for information, reviews, or to collaborate with other people in your industry we would like to hear from you. Drop us a quick comment in this post and let us know where you think ScreenConnect should be to learn about your specific industry.

Edited by moderator Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:25:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team

jessy5765  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:29:54 PM(UTC)
jessy5765

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I see that you have a Facebook. However its pretty old looking :/

Maybe start there.
Jessy5765
Network Engineer/Web Design & Hosting
bigdessert  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 8:55:15 AM(UTC)
bigdessert

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I would start by updating you entry here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/..._remote_desktop_software

Some forums to become actively involved are:

spiceworks community

hardforums

also I would say keep up the advertising with google, you snagged me with an ad on the UltraVNC site.
sysadmin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:34:14 PM(UTC)
sysadmin

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
bigdessert wrote:
I would start by updating you entry here:

also I would say keep up the advertising with google, you snagged me with an ad on the UltraVNC site.

Probably get a lot of hits if they target 'logmein' and 'webex' keywords in Google AdWords. ;)

On a more serious note, I don't even know how I ended up finding out about this software. I was looking for logmein alternatives, and I was probably reading forum posts (from google searches) about logmein alternatives. Your marketing should really focus on keywords and getting out there as searches for "remote desktop software cheap" and "remote desktop software free cheap" turn up nothing for screenconnect in the first 15 or so pages. It took me 2 or 3 days to find out this software even existed even though I was doing some hardcore searching and the market really isn't that large. I have adblockers running in firefox, so you may be showing up in google results via adwords that I'm just not noticing, but your organic search results (the only ones I and probably many other IT people see) are seriously lacking.

For some perspective here, I am FAR from a webmaster/webguru even though I know enough about most facets of websites, design, programming, marketing, etc. I was competing in a similar sized market with my start-up IT company when I was overseas, with about 10 - 15 other IT services companies in the region working the same markets. It took me, on my first attempt at SEO and marketing, a total of 1 month to place in the top 10 of 100 or more google searches, and outranked all but the most aggressive competitors (in marketing) in generic search terms. If I was able to do that on my own, with a $200 marketing budget and no prior experience in SEO, then ScreenConnect should be able to do better either in-house or via a marketing company/consultant.

While hitting industry specific venues may work at some point, there is A TON of work you can do just in SEO at the moment, and I personally stick to IT and technolgy sites and never resort to the industry specific sites unless I'm looking for very industry specific software such as accounting, project management, ERM, etc. Remote Desktop software is just too generic for me to bother looking via industry channels.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:44:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ComputerHero  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:08:47 AM(UTC)
ComputerHero

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Jeff  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:48:49 AM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Thanks everyone for the suggestions we are working on our SEO pretty diligently some of our bigger competitors have dominated the top 10 of certain keywords for so long its tough to break through but we are actively working on improving our online presence, you will see a lot of additional content to the site and hopefully more presence in some of the forums and other communities you frequent. With SEO the key thing is links back to your site and articles about the industry that mention your product, we are in the process of contacting lots of blog writers and online trades to let them know we exist, hopefully a few of them will mention us in their next review of similar products or some other related post. Again thanks for your feedback and keep it coming.
ScreenConnect Team
iamnotyouritguy  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 6:10:53 PM(UTC)
iamnotyouritguy

I specialized in SEO for years and one suggestion which can work well is to take advantage of Google Sitemaps. You are correct in that you are at a disadvantage as Google now takes into the age of a site in deciding rank. Since you can't circumvent this, you can help Google and other search engines by pro-actively submitting a sitemap of all of your URLs. You can create a static list but a better method is to spider your site to collect all possible entry points, or collect them from your web servers access logs. Your traffic could literally double overnight using this fantastic tool. You can submit the same XML sitemap file to Yahoo and Bing as well.
purdypc  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:18:07 AM(UTC)
purdypc

Should definitely check out ACRBO http://www.acrbo.com/ (Association of Computer Repair Business Owners). There is a lot of back and forth about different support tools out there...as I'm sure you guys already know. I've personally recommended ScreenConnect in the ACRBO Google groups https://groups.google.co.../D--yPdVvp4o/discussion.