logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shadoxity  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 9:30:01 PM(UTC)
Shadoxity

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
UPDATED: 31/1/14 - modified scripts further, direct download from my server.

Hey Guys, Originally posted in the other labtech thread, but figured I will make a new one so it does not get lost here.

This is a how to to integrate ScreenConnect into labtech and enable 1 click connects to the machines.

I have put some labtech scripts together to get this running until its officially integrated. The only downside is that it will leave an internet window open, but it will connect directly in.

http://rmm.inspiredtechs...ScreenConnect_Deploy.zip

This file should import the following
Script - ScreenConnect Deploy
Script - ScreenConnect Get Guid

This script does not include the MSI installer, you must generate this and put it in LTSHARE\Transfer\Software\ScreenConnect\sc.msi

First you will want to create an MSI file from the access part of screenconnect. Set the msi to use a specific value and enter in %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%
This will name the computer "Company Name.Computer name" in Screenconnect.

second, create 2 extra data fields in the computer section in labtech (This may happen automatically on the import, but make sure they are there)
1. ScreenConnect Linked - Check field
2. Screenconnect GUID - Text Field

Save the file to your labtech share > transfer\software\screenconnect\sc.msi (or name it as you want if you want to edit the script. You will need to change the file name in lines 5, 6 and 14.)

Running the script will
-download SC to the target computer
-Run the install silently
-Set the name of the computer in SC to Company name.Computer name
-Set the ScreenConnect Linked EDF to ticked
-Get the SC computer ID GUID by parsing the registry key
-Set the ScreenConnect GUID field to have that computers GUID for Screenconnect.

IF Screenconnect is already installed on a computer (detected by checking currently installed software) The script will switch to a section that will see if the "Screenconnect Linked" EDF is ticked and tick this if it is not, and also run the script to set the GUID.

From here you can now perform 1 click connects to the computers.

Create a new menu command with the following.

http://<yourSCsite>/Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

I used MPriests plugin which lets you set a quick access button on the computer screen.
http://www.labtechgeek.c...wtopic.php?f=4&t=384

NOTE: Internet Explorer security settings can cause it not to connect straight up, so if you are getting it to open IE and straight to the computer but its not Joining, Check your IE security settings and make them lower. (or use firefox cause its better)
NOTE: Labtech seems to have a delay in updating the extra data field variables. So after the GUID is populated it is about 10-15mins until labtech recognizes the value in there.

Goodluck, would like to hear some feedback :)

Cheers,
Leon
www.inspiredtechs.com.au

Feel free to send me an email if you are having any problems. Leon@inspiredtechs.com.au

Edited by user Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:08:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated scripts and added features

thanks 1 user thanked Shadoxity for this useful post.
Jeff on 1/14/2014(UTC)

farewelldave  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:50:53 PM(UTC)
farewelldave

United States

Thanks for this, I did test, and we have the latest "stable" version of ScreenConnect and the latest patch level of LabTech.

Couple things I've found so far:

- The reg query fails to run correctly on Windows XP machines (the arguments used do not exist in the reg.exe tool on Windows XP machines).

- Windows 7/8.1 the script runs fine and installs, however the name is pulled into ScreenConnect as "%ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%" - which is the name I gave the Access Session's .MSI file generated as per your instructions.

It doesn't seem to change the variables %ltclientname% and %ltcomputername% to their real values.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

David

Edited by user Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:51:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarity

AYarde  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:37:57 PM(UTC)
AYarde

Saint Lucia

I had posted this in the labtechgeek forum. It has worked well for my XP machines over the last few weeks. Let me know if it works well for you.

Shadoxity

Great script. It works perfectly on Windows Vista or higher systems. Unfortunately, i still have a few XP systems supporting and the script will not not work with them. I checked it out and made some modifications to address two issues.

1. Windows versions prior to Vista do not dynamically load system variables so the LTclientname and LTcomputername system variables are not accessible on XP machines until the machine restarts so the SC installer cannot access those variables.
2. Reg query did not support the /f switch before Vista so the get GUID script would not return any information on XP.

Here are the modified scripts. The ScreenConnnect GetGUID script uses powershell to get the registry values. I'm just beginning to script with LT so it may not be the best solution.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.co...reenConnect%20Deploy.zip

The modified scripts use the SERVICE_ARGUMENTS option to set the Clientname and Computername in the installer. The values must be changed for your installations.

1. The default SERVICE_ARGUMENTS string can be viewed by opening your sc.msi file using Orca (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255905)or InstEd (http://www.instedit.com/download.html). Look for the property table in the tables tab and copy the entire value of the SERVICE_ARGUMENTS string.

2. Replace the last part of the string from "&t" with "&t=@URLClientname@.@URLComputerName@&c=@URLClientname@"

3. Replace the default SERVICE_ARGUMENTS in the Labtech script with your customised string.

Thanks to lpopejoy for his post about this option for ScreenConnect.
Shadoxity  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 10:21:32 AM(UTC)
Shadoxity

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nice one AYarde,
We dont really deal with many XP machines so didnt really test it on them :)

Thanks for the update for XP, It can come in handy for us!