logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
urngoodhands  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:06:52 PM(UTC)
urngoodhands

the Ignition app from LogMeIn was an AWESOME little app that resembed an instant messenger app.... showing you who was online and ready to connect, as well as who was currently offline. It did not require that we log into the main web interface. Just double click a session and it opened up! And it was automatically populated with all sessions without user interaction other than logging in.

It was VERY useful for techs.

Are there plans to create such an application? Or has anyone created one?

DanielUK  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 5:20:05 PM(UTC)
DanielUK

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you use Chrome to create an 'application shortcut' and pin it to your Windows 7/8 taskbar, it's not too dissimilar with the 'embedded' theme enabled

UserPostedImage
urngoodhands  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:16:26 AM(UTC)
urngoodhands

Well, that's an alternative, but it still seems klunky compared to what LogMeIn Ignition does. If I could figure out how to post a picture here, I would
urngoodhands  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:15:00 PM(UTC)
urngoodhands

This is what the LogmeIn Ignition application looks like. It is actually an installed application. and for people/companies that have a large number of clients, this is a true godsend because it consolodates 90% of what most people use into one compact little window. Users login with their account credentials, and the list is automatically populated and refreshed with the current client list.

I think that if SC were to develop something like this, it would be very very well received by the user community.

UserPostedImage
Jeff  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 5:35:48 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
I certainly understand the feedback and the basic fact that LMI has created a specific app as opposed to a responsive web design. I think what our development did in 4.0 is definitely a big step forward at helping with mobile devices and keeps updating and changes very easy. A lot of companies are moving to responsive web designs and its certainly a very cool way of handling interfaces of all sizes. That said I'm sure we can learn a lot from what other applications do in their design. Possibly in the future ScreenConnect for mobile techs will be a specific application or maybe just an improved responsive design. But I understand....cleaner, easier, faster, and more comprehensive.
ScreenConnect Team
teksigns  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:41:52 AM(UTC)
teksigns

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Jeff wrote:
I certainly understand the feedback and the basic fact that LMI has created a specific app as opposed to a responsive web design. I think what our development did in 4.0 is definitely a big step forward at helping with mobile devices and keeps updating and changes very easy. A lot of companies are moving to responsive web designs and its certainly a very cool way of handling interfaces of all sizes. That said I'm sure we can learn a lot from what other applications do in their design. Possibly in the future ScreenConnect for mobile techs will be a specific application or maybe just an improved responsive design. But I understand....cleaner, easier, faster, and more comprehensive.

hmmm i believe that app is for a desktop not a "mobile device".

i agree . a nice little app running is better than a big web browser.
+1

OnSite  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:28:06 PM(UTC)
OnSite

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
There's a systray program a forum member wrote that pretty much does this. Works great.