logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
web-login1-anthem  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:49:11 PM(UTC)
web-login1-anthem

I am trying out ScreenConnect for the first time. I have successfully installed ScreenConnect on Windows 2012 Essential server. I have created "published" session and able to remotely connect Windows 7 & Mac OS X as guest. I am also able to login to my ScreenConnect Server and initiate unattended published host session from my Mac OS X computer successfully.

However I am unable to join unattended published session as a Host from Windows 7 Pro computer. I have tried using IE 10 and Firefox 23.x browsers. Both shows me blank screen with message in the middle as follows :

Status
Waiting to retry...

An error ocurred connecting to your session. This will wait a few seconds before trying again.

Error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions x.x.x.x:8041

I tried disabling Windows Firewall on Windows 7 Computer. No antivirus software is installed on this machine. While OS X is just working fine without dealing with any firewall or antivirus issues. I have McAfee running on OS X.

Also, when I go to admin screen --> Status all bars are appearing green.

I have downloaded and installed latest stable release - ScreenConnect_3.3.4664.4891_Release.msi

I need this to work, so I can allow remote emploees to use their desktop computer usually running Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 computers.

Sincerely,

Anthem

bigdessert  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:38:35 PM(UTC)
bigdessert

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Not sure what the issue is here, but you realize the latest stable release is ScreenConnect_3.4.4855.4932_Release.msi.