logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:24:01 PM(UTC)
jonc

Hi,

Just a few brief questions:

1) How can I manually remove machines that are listed under 'All Machines'? I uninstalled the app from a server using appwiz.cpl instead of queuing the uninstall procedure (which didn't seem to work!) and now I have some ghost machines displayed in the 'All Machines' view. It's been well over 48 hours and these items still havn't cleared automatically. It would be very nice to have control over what is displayed here or the ability to manually remove what is listed.

2) After installing the client on a Windows 8 machine I used the app to reboot into safe mode but it did not seem to do so correctly instead showing a blank screen. Now, I'm unable to connect to the VM regardless of however many times I uninstall / re-install the app and reboot the machine. Is there a bug related to Windows 8 regarding this? I don't have this problem with Windows 7.

Thanks

/.j

frankg  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 2:50:56 PM(UTC)
frankg

What OS is your server running?
jonc  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:46:07 PM(UTC)
jonc

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS.
The 'ghost machines' have disappeared but I feel that perhaps this process could be a little simpler to manage.
My only issue now is getting ScreenConnect to connect to Windows 8. I just get a blank screen upon connecting. Tried re-installing the app a few times / rebooting but no effect.
Sean  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:08:33 PM(UTC)
Sean

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Hi,

The unattended machines will drop off of the list after 24 hours when there is not a guest or host connected.

As for the Windows 8 issue, can you please email support? support@elsitech.com

ScreenConnect Team