logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danrimer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:07:02 PM(UTC)
danrimer

Man

Hi

I'm running SC on a linux webserver on a dedicated server. I have many windows clients connected to it.

Many times, I need to reboot the client machine and then control it again once the PC has restarted. I am usually able to connect to the client immediately afterwards, but I can see NOTHING on the screen. I can't control anything (ie using the CTRL-ALT-DELETE menu option) until I have disconnected for a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long that is!).

Is this anything anyone else is experiencing? It is very embarrassing when I am trying to provide support and cannot do so!

Thanks

Dan

Jake  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:55:29 PM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Linux server? It can take up to 15 minutes to drop the old connection if it didn't disconnect properly. In 3.4 we do some things to make sure we disconnect properly, but we still haven't solved the root issue of Linux not closing bad sockets for 900 seconds.
ScreenConnect Team
frankg  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 4:16:02 PM(UTC)
frankg

danrimer wrote:
Hi

I'm running SC on a linux webserver on a dedicated server. I have many windows clients connected to it.

Many times, I need to reboot the client machine and then control it again once the PC has restarted. I am usually able to connect to the client immediately afterwards, but I can see NOTHING on the screen. I can't control anything (ie using the CTRL-ALT-DELETE menu option) until I have disconnected for a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long that is!).

Is this anything anyone else is experiencing? It is very embarrassing when I am trying to provide support and cannot do so!

Thanks

Dan

I also had this happening to me, we have a dedicated screenconnect server running on Debian.

You can tweak this time by editing:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_retries2
which by default is set to 15.

I modified mine and set it to 2 then restarted screenconnect and it worked like a charm!

The only problem I found is when you reboot the server it gets reset back to 15.

So what I did was modified the start up script for screenconnect:
/etc/init.d/screenconnect
so it should start off like this:

Code:

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          screenconnect
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 6
# Short-Description: Run screenconnect daemon
### END INIT INFO
echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_retries2

I've tested and tested and have not had problems.
I've rebooted client machines.
I've rebooted client routers.
I've joined client machines to vpns while on screenconnect, the max time it takes is 2 minutes but usually much much quicker sometimes 20 or 30 seconds.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2013 4:17:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified