logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanDT  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:37:47 PM(UTC)
DanDT

I have some professors that would like to use screen connect to monitor desktops during tests. Is there a way to set the "Suspend My Control" to "Suspend" by default when connected to a session? So only if they needed to take control of a desktop they could switch that on.

Thanks!

Dan

Jeff  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:08:33 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Sorry for the delay responding to your request, I had to track down one of the developers to get a better idea on what is available in this area of the code. Basically today it would not be possible out of the box to do what you are requesting. That said with 3.1 we have introduced configurable client settings such as changing the colors, icons, etc. So it would be possible going forward to introduce functionality like this, we were sort of anticipating questions like this this. I will get this submitted today, and while I can't promise anything I think its a pretty easy change that could probably get into on of our upcoming builds.
ScreenConnect Team
DanDT  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 3:16:09 PM(UTC)
DanDT

That sounds great! Thanks for the response!

Dan
Sathya  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:01:35 AM(UTC)
Sathya

Hi, would we be able to disable some of the features provided by default in the Client Application. For example, we do not want to give the host the ability to blank out the Guest's screen or to receive sounds. Is this doable?
Jeff  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 11:00:28 AM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 156 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Sathya,

Yes the same would be true for this as well. Actually I believe most of the functionality is in place to do this today, but we have not released any formal announcements yet. The functionality would be delivered via a relatively new configuration file for us (app.config). Currently it has to be manually created with your system and the appropriate additions made, its a pretty powerful tool so we are still debating the best way to deploy it to everyone. Here are a few posts that should help explain how it will work:

http://forum.screenconne...artup--where-is-it-.aspx
http://forum.screenconne...balloon-back-again-.aspx

The formatting would be something like:
<Elsinore.ScreenConnect.UserInterfaceSettings>
<setting name="SuspendControlAtStartup" serializeAs="String">
<value>true</value>
</setting>
<setting name="DisabledCommandNames" serializeAs="String">
<value>SuspendMyInput</value>
</setting>
</Elsinore.ScreenConnect.UserInterfaceSettings>

I will sit down with development to see if we can get something a bit more official into the forum with more examples.
ScreenConnect Team