logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arringtondla  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:19:26 PM(UTC)
arringtondla

ScreenConnect Team: Joining Access clients has been modified from the description below in the latest versions.

Hello, I'm testing Screenconnect through Internet Explorer and Google Chrome with unattended sessions.

I see a interesting difference between these two browsers, you can connect to a session in IE by clicking the "Join" button on the Host page like normal and in Chrome when you try to join a session the same way, it starts to download a host client EXE for you to open instead (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.HostClient.exe is this the .NET or Java "Click Once" software?).

I just renamed the EXE's with a short discription and downloaded them into a small organized folder structure (Company/Dept/Username.exe or Company/Computername/User.exe); I can then easily find and click on one to start a session.

I know that so far SC is not compatible with Google Chrome, but this seems to be a cool but a round about way of organizing your unattended sessions.

Is there a way to have Screenconnect do the same via Internet Explorer until a better way to organize unattended machines is created?

Or was this covered somewhere else already?

Thanks!

Edited by moderator Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:32:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jake  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:46:12 PM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Watch out, those EXEs will become invalid if the client or server machine are rebooted and stay disconnected for a sufficient period of time, about 5 minutes. The session IDs and encryption keys are regenerated.
ScreenConnect Team
arringtondla  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 6:09:49 PM(UTC)
arringtondla

Ah, then I will drop that idea even though most of these sessions are on the same LAN.

I don't like to be surprised with connection issues like that; good thing I'm asking questions and exploring SC.

Is there a hope that organizing unattended sessions will become a new feature/version within the next year?

Thanks.