logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwang  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:19:04 PM(UTC)
jwang

Man

I just wanted to share this little mod I added to our Screen Connect site. Our scenario is that we connect to our customer's touchscreen computer terminals and have them enter in a code to connect to a session. The problem was the Windows onscreen keyboard is pitifully small and difficult to use on a touchscreen. Using this open source java-script keyboard, I was able to embed it into the guest page, enabling for a large and usable keyboard for our customers. Here's a quick detail on how to put it in your own site.

You'll need to add 3 files to your main directory:
Java-script file
CSS File (you can change font sizes in here to make the keyboard larger)
Image file (this can be substituted with your own)

You also need to modify Guest.aspx. Make sure to create a backup of it before modifying it.

1) Add this code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="keyboard.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="keyboard.css">

After this line of code:
Code:
<asp:Content runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="Main">
	<div class="ContentPanel">

2) Then modify this line of code:
Code:
<input type="text" id="invitationCodeBox" class="InvitationCodeBox" onkeypress="return SC.ui.handleKeyPressForSubmit(event, 'invitationCodeButton');" onkeydown="return onInvitationCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" />

To say this instead:
Code:
<input type="text" id="invitationCodeBox" class="InvitationCodeBox keyboardInput" onmouseover="return onInvitationCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" onkeypress="return SC.ui.handleKeyPressForSubmit(event, 'invitationCodeButton');" onkeydown="return onInvitationCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" />

Save and then refresh your Screen Connect site. You should see the icon show up next to the code input box. Now the quirk to this is that it won't search for the session name till you mouseover the box again. Not a big problem, but if someone has a suggestion to improve this, please let me know.

Edit:
Oh and here's a link to what the finished product looks like: http://simplehelp.unitedbankcard.net/

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 5:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bigdessert  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:22:08 PM(UTC)
bigdessert

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Wow, this is great, maybe an official implementation will come from it!
jcam7044  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:10:23 PM(UTC)
jcam7044

I am having a little difficulty implementing this. When I try to alter the code in Guest.aspx file, the code is a little different then the OPs code.

What I am looking for:
<input type="text" id="invitationCodeBox" class="InvitationCodeBox" onkeypress="return SC.ui.handleKeyPressForSubmit(event, 'invitationCodeButton');" onkeydown="return onInvitationCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" />

But my install has:
<input type="text" id="codeBox" class="CodeBox" onkeypress="return SC.ui.handleKeyPressForSubmit(event, 'codeButton');" onkeydown="return onCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" />

Can someone help with this?

Thanks
haastility  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:23:18 PM(UTC)
haastility

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
jcam, change it to:

Code:
<input type="text" id="codeBox" class="CodeBox keyboardInput" onmouseover="return onCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" onkeypress="return SC.ui.handleKeyPressForSubmit(event, 'codeButton');" onkeydown="return onCodeBoxKeyDown(event);" />
thanks 1 user thanked haastility for this useful post.
jcam7044 on 1/2/2013(UTC)