logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Anna  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:27:14 PM(UTC)
Anna

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In a recent blog post we eluded to some integration possibilities with ScreenConnect. As result, a ScreenConnect customers passed along a simple integration they had implemented between ScreenConnect and Labtech. Attached is a PDF detailing the steps taken to achieve this integration that we would like to share with the ScreenConnect community. If you have experience with this integration, additions, or comments please post them in this forum post.

Additionally we would like to mention that at this time there is not a formal partnership between Labtech and ScreenConnect. Due to this, ScreenConnect takes full responsibilty for this post. Furthermore Labtech support cannot answer questions concerning this integration.
File Attachment(s):
labtech and screenconnect integration.zip (396kb) downloaded 1,831 time(s).
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 2 users thanked Anna for this useful post.
jasonjsmith on 10/22/2012(UTC), Mitsol on 12/23/2012(UTC)

jasonjsmith  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 8:18:34 PM(UTC)
jasonjsmith

Great post, but I must have overlooked a simple detail as my first attempt at setting this up did not work. Is it possible for me to contact the author of the attached PDF instructions? Otherwise, I will try again and figure it out on my own.

Thanks again!
Mike  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:12:54 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
jasonjsmith wrote:
Great post, but I must have overlooked a simple detail as my first attempt at setting this up did not work. Is it possible for me to contact the author of the attached PDF instructions? Otherwise, I will try again and figure it out on my own.

Thanks again!

Hi Jason,

Can you give us some details on the problem you are having with the integration? Maybe we can help you troubleshoot. If you have figured out what happened, can you share the issue and resolution with the community?
ScreenConnect Team
Mitsol  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:49:14 PM(UTC)
Mitsol

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is amazing! Thank you so much for figuring this out.

A couple of quick questions though:

1) Do you know if there is a way to set the ScreenConnect command to open in a specific browser rather than the default?
2) Is there a way to get the ScreenConnect option to show up in the redirectors menu (also allowing it to be set as the default Redirector) - and if so would this allow the script to be run on the computer as part of the redirector connection, similar to how VNC works?

Once again thank you for the instructions, so much nicer to use ScreenConnect than VNC.

Edited by user Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:52:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

adelmonora  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 3:46:08 AM(UTC)
adelmonora

Hello,

this integration is really good, but can someone help me for a small issue?

We have about 300 clients / agents, about 100 remains with name %LTCLIENTID%.%LTCOMPUTERID%

Can someone help me?

Thank you
Shadoxity  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:54:06 AM(UTC)
Shadoxity

Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Guys,

I have put some labtech scripts together to get this running until its officially integrated. (Doesnt seem to be an attach option in the forum so here is a link) http://www.sendspace.com/file/rqa1oe

This should import the following
Script - ScreenConnect Deploy
Script - ScreenConnect Get Guid
File - it-sc.msi (replace this with your created one)

First you will want to create an MSI file from the access part of screenconnect. Set the msi to use a specific value and enter in %ltclientname%.%ltcomputername%
This will name the computer "Company Name.Computer name" in Screenconnect.

second, create 2 extra data fields in the computer section in labtech
1. ScreenConnect Linked - Check field
2. Screenconnect GUID - Text Field

Save the file to your labtech share > transfer\software\screenconnect\it-sc.msi (or name it as you want if you want to edit the script. You will need to change the file name in lines 5, 6 and 14.)

Running the script will
-download SC to the target computer
-Run the install silently
-Set the name of the computer in SC to Company name.Computer name
-Set the ScreenConnect Linked EDF to ticked
-Get the SC computer ID GUID by parsing the registry key
-Set the ScreenConnect GUID field to have that computers GUID for Screenconnect.

From here you can now perform 1 click connects to the computers.

Create a new menu command with the following.

http://<yourSCsite>/Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join

I used MPriests plugin which lets you set a quick access button on the computer screen.
http://www.labtechgeek.c...wtopic.php?f=4&t=384

NOTE: Labtech seems to have a delay in updating the extra data field variables. So after the GUID is populated it is about 10-15mins until labtech recognizes the value in there.

Goodluck, would like to hear some feedback :)

Cheers,
Leon

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2014 12:51:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: updated download link

cwildermuth.nxtgennetworks  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 6:27:59 PM(UTC)
cwildermuth.nxtgennetworks

United States

I must have missed a step or done something wrong. :-( This mostly works, but the URL that Labtech is returning is showing the ID's of the clients and the computers and ScreenConnect is registering with the names like CLIENT.MACHINE

What did I miss? :-(

Update: I realized I was "merging" in my head two different setup instructions (dangerous I know! hahaha). I had the URL in the menu incorrect. Once I set this to:
http://host.domain.com/Host#All Machines//%eScreenConnect GUID%/Join to match the XML script provided it worked like a charm! Thanks!

Edited by user Friday, August 15, 2014 6:33:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: answered my own question

eric_tardif  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:47:16 PM(UTC)
eric_tardif

Canada

I tried to import the last script from Shadoxity but nothing happens. I know that the new version of Labtech does not import older script. Do you have another version or something to suggest ?
Thanks.