logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tehiota  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 11:44:49 PM(UTC)
tehiota

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

In our setup, a 'host' can only see 'my sessions.' Occasionally, a Host wants to invite another host to join the session to look at the client machine. Is it possible to invite another host to my session via URL or other means? I know I can transfer to another host, which then allows me to stay connected, but I don't always want to give up access to the session. (I suppose host pass would work, but ideally a invite option with a drop down of other hosts logged in would be ideal).

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:21:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge there isn't a direct way to do this, but it's a pretty good feature request. I recommend register it within our Product Feedback Portal if you haven't already.

One potential workaround in the meantime is to just send the other technician the url in your browser's address bar when the session is selected. You can also append /Join to the end of the URL to automatically start the session joining process for the other technician assuming said user is authenticated into the web application.

For example, it would look similar to:
Code:

https://domain.screenconnect.com/Host#Access/All%20Machines//0cf07442-a07f-4f14-97b7-58b9abc7070a/Join
ScreenConnect Team