logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JHanna-NCC  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:54:29 PM(UTC)
JHanna-NCC

United States

Just in case it helps anyone else out.. Microsoft released KB4487085 on Tuesday/Wednesday that affects only POSReady 2009 and Windows Embedded Standard 09

https://support.microsof...s-in-windows-xp-embedded

This update does a number on multiple things related to .NET Framework. I think only the older versions, but not positive. It certainly affects Screenconnect causing a crash message to appear about once per minute on persistent sessions and apparently causes issues installing if you're attempting a one-off session.

Still possible to use Screenconnect, but quite difficult.

Going into Add/Remove Programs, clicking Show Updates and finding KB4487085 and removing it will resolve the issue.

As POSReady 2009 and WES09 reach end of life on April 8, 2019.. Probably just makes more sense to go ahead and turn off automatic updates to prevent it from reinstalling itself.

I've heard rumor that there's a similar patch that does similar things on Windows Vista, but cannot confirm it.

Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:14:42 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up. We have the issue registered and are investigating what can be done.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA at this time, but we are actively working on the issue.
ScreenConnect Team
JHanna-NCC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:39:43 PM(UTC)
JHanna-NCC

United States

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the heads up. We have the issue registered and are investigating what can be done.

Unfortunately I don't have an ETA at this time, but we are actively working on the issue.

Wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm likely one of 5 people in the world that still has people using POSReady 2009 and one of 20 who know what it is in the first place.
Eric  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 1:28:15 PM(UTC)
Eric

United States

Originally Posted by: JHanna-NCC Go to Quoted Post
Wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm likely one of 5 people in the world that still has people using POSReady 2009 and one of 20 who know what it is in the first place.

Haha, maybe, but I started looking at it anyway only to find that Microsoft already released a v2 of the patch, which seems to have resolved the problem.