logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jayfischer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:09:28 PM(UTC)
jayfischer

I have an on-prem server with about 150 access sessions. For all but 2 sessions SC works great and is nice and fast.

The 2 problem children take sometimes up to a minute to update information or to connect. They are 2 different clients of mine that have other access sessions at the same location that work fine so its not the network connection or my server.

I tried reloading the client and have always updated to the latest SC host software where I hope my issue would have been resolved.

This is a 2 year old issue but just now deciding to reach out.

I've tried to compare the 2 bad PC's to see what might be causing it without much luck.

Anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

Thanks.

SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:32:46 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have a couple of old servers with Matrox video cards, and ScreenConnect runs like crap on them unless I blank the monitor. The symptoms don't quite match with what you are describing, but it might be worth a look at the video card and drivers.

The closest I've come to what you describe is when I have a client downstream of my server, connected behind a second router. Double NAT'ed clients aren't an issue at other sites, but it really messes things up when they are behind the server's LAN.
Michael L  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:47:56 PM(UTC)
Michael L

Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
We will sometimes see behavior like this due to what SoCo_Systems mentioned (Matrox or Silicon Motion LynxEM+ cards, these are common in prebuilt/prefab server boxes), outlined here:
https://docs.connectwise...Slow_session_performance

If they do use these physical cards, you should be able to swap the driver to the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter or the Basic Display Adapter (depending on the version of Windows), and the performance should be improved greatly through Control sessions.

If the machines are not using these cards, then there may be something in the network interfering with traffic (network packet inspection, web/content filtering, attempting to decrypt the traffic, etc.), causing dropped or delayed packets. This can especially be true if the relay is on ports 80 or 443, as those are commonly monitored web ports, and you can often set up different profiles in the monitoring equipment for different machines.

We're also usually able to connect in with you to check it out if you would like to open up a ticket with us by chat, or if not, we can put your ticket in for a call back:
www.connectwise.com/chat
ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect) Support Team
jayfischer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:58:33 PM(UTC)
jayfischer

Thanks for the responses.

I don't have issues with other access sessions at the same site. Its just one PC (of many at that site) at 2 different clients. There is no network monitoring/filtering software or hardware at either location.

Also some further clarification. I don't even need to connect - just trying to start a chat or looking at the preview window will take 15 secs to 1 minute to come up. Once connected or chatting its fine. Just that initial ping to the client. If I let it sit for a few minutes - it will reset and I will need to wait again if I want to preview/connect/chat.

Its not a deal breaker by any means - just a little frustrating if I'm in a hurry.

When I can I will start a chat with tech and see if we can figure something out.

Thanks.
Scott  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:13:57 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Another quick potential test, try Blanking the Guest's monitor from the Essentials control panel in the Host client and waiting 10-20 seconds. Does performance improve while the Guest's monitor is blanked?
ScreenConnect Team
jayfischer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:50:26 PM(UTC)
jayfischer

Actually once I'm connected the session runs fine. If I want to chat, check the preview window or check information from the Host Access page the information takes anywhere from 15 secs to 1 min to update.

Other computers at that same site update within a second or two.
SoCo_Systems  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:28:43 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Do you have any of the extra info gathering extensions installed? "Additional General Information" for example? If so, try temporarily disabling it to see if it makes a difference.
Scott  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:33:16 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Also, is there any specific Tab that has a significant delay for these session(s)? As in, is it slow to load the Timeline tab and fast to load the Notes tab?
ScreenConnect Team