logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
koktan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:01:05 PM(UTC)
koktan

United States

Hello,

We have multiple devices that we need to be able to upload a script file, have it executed and download a file that would contain the result of the execution.

We would like to do this in an automated fashion using ScreenConnect, rather than using the web portal of ScreenConnect and manually run this one device at a time. Our in-house expertise is concentrated in MS .NET C#, but we would definitely look into other solutions as well.

I would greatly appreciate if you could point me in the right direction on how to implement such a solution.

Thanks!

SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:42:23 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
There are a few different ways you could go about it.
You can drop your script file (assuming it is executable) in the Shared Toolbox. If it isn't executable, wrap in in a self extracting rar or something. I do mine in a VBS script, using it to also log install results which get emailed back to me using the CDO.Message function.

Then to run it, you just select the computers you want to run it on, right click, and use the Run Tool option.

thanks 1 user thanked SoCo_Systems for this useful post.
koktan on 2/14/2019(UTC)
koktan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:28:36 PM(UTC)
koktan

United States

Originally Posted by: SoCo_Systems Go to Quoted Post
There are a few different ways you could go about it.
You can drop your script file (assuming it is executable) in the Shared Toolbox. If it isn't executable, wrap in in a self extracting rar or something. I do mine in a VBS script, using it to also log install results which get emailed back to me using the CDO.Message function.

Then to run it, you just select the computers you want to run it on, right click, and use the Run Tool option.

That's not a bad idea. Thanks! We would have to code something on that script to push the results to our web services because email or FTP would be blocked in our circumstances.

Although I was hoping for some existing .NET libraries out there where we could just call simple methods to upload/run/download, essentially interacting with the Screen Connect server similar to how the web portal and viewer client of ScreenConnect would.