logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Antiloop  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 2:34:49 PM(UTC)
Antiloop

when I'm logged in at a remote system, and try to copy a large folder with thousands of files my session almost locks up instantly

I see a lot of new events in TimeLine, something like this:

Quote:
Event Type: CopiedFiles
Data: Visual Studio 2017:Visual Studio 2017/ArchitectureExplorer:Visual Studio 2017/Backup Files:Visual Studio 2017/Backup Files/PalletRegistratie:Visual Studio 2017/Backup Files/Solution1:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/Visual Basic:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/Visual Basic/My Code Snippets:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/Visual C#:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/Visual C#/My Code Snippets:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/XAML:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/XAML/My XAML Snippets:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/XML:Visual Studio 2017/Code Snippets/XML/My Xml Snippets:Visual Studio 2017/StartPages:Visual Studio 2017/Templates:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates/Extensibility:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates/JavaScript:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates/TypeScript:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates/Visual Basic:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ItemTemplates/Visual C#:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates/Extensibility:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates/JavaScript:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates/TypeScript:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates/Visual Basic:Visual Studio 2017/Templates/ProjectTemplates/Visual C#:Visual Studio 2017/Visualizers:Visual Studio 2017/Visualizers/attribcache140.bin

How can we solve this ?
I don't have an option to disable temporarily the clipboard for the session

and we use the clipboard a lot between local and remote systems
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I would try zipping the folder, so that you only have to transfer a single file.
Antiloop  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:22:10 PM(UTC)
Antiloop

Originally Posted by: SoCo_Systems Go to Quoted Post
I would try zipping the folder, so that you only have to transfer a single file.

I do not need the files transfered at my system or vice versa, this copy/paste action was done locally on the remote system

I've had a chat with Connectwise, they've told me it was a side effect of this feature request:
https://control.product....le-transfer-in-audit-log and thus by design at this moment

We've filed a FR: https://control.product....eline-in-the-host-client
Brandon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 2:58:09 PM(UTC)
Brandon

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Thanks for the FR! We have seen this behavior and it should be resolved in the next version of Control after 6.9
ScreenConnect Team