logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blick54  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:35:46 PM(UTC)
blick54

United Kingdom

Hi

I've recently tried moving away from Cursing TeamviewerCursing and have since stumbled across this platform. I was looking through some of your documentation and it mentioned that it was possible to have remote access to rooted or Samsung devices.

Taken from our Android Doc.

Note: If you have jailbroken your Android device or your organization uses a custom Android build, you can fully control your device by signing the ConnectWise Control for Android app with your platform key. To start a discussion on this topic, please visit our forum.

so i thought brilliant but i have yet to get this to work. Even though the device I'm testing with is rooted,.... so i have contacted support and they have informed me that at the end of the document It states I should head to the forum in order to get this ability.

So here I am, hoping that screen connect can help me get away from my current solution .... BigGrin
UnLo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:54:56 PM(UTC)
UnLo

United States

Also just moved away from TeamViewer. I'm interested to see how this pans out. I wasn't aware screenconnect could be used to control android devices. I thought the app was just for accessing the host...Well silly me I just looked and there is a guest button as well. I attempted this. ON a non-rooted OnePlus 5 and I could connect from the host, and see the screen, however I was not able to send any input to the screen. Let me know if there is something i'm doing wrong!
blick54  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:29:58 PM(UTC)
blick54

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: UnLo Go to Quoted Post
Also just moved away from TeamViewer. I'm interested to see how this pans out. I wasn't aware screenconnect could be used to control android devices. I thought the app was just for accessing the host...Well silly me I just looked and there is a guest button as well. I attempted this. ON a non-rooted OnePlus 5 and I could connect from the host, and see the screen, however I was not able to send any input to the screen. Let me know if there is something i'm doing wrong!

There is a beta invite that I believe allows this to happen. I am still awaiting access to confirm this. I am also getting the same result as you with only being able to view the device ..... So close yet so far
Tim  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:09:57 PM(UTC)
Tim

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

The Android App needs the "INJECT_EVENTS" permission in order to inject simulated touch events into the device and the "READ_FRAME_BUFFER" to capture screen data. The app requests these permissions but usually the OS just denies the request. However, when the apk is signed with the platform key, the OS will grant these permissions to the app and the app will be able to inject touch events and capture screen data. So, if we can sign the apk with the platform key, we should be good to go.

The platform key should be the same key used to sign the OS running on the device if you're using a custom version of Android (I think only Google's line of phones use stock Android so most Android versions out there are custom). For example, an apk signed with Samsung's platform key grants the apk a bunch of permissions when the apk is run on a Samsung phone. The process of signing an apk with a vendor's platform key is unfamiliar territory for me so I'm not sure where the platform keys would be obtained or if its necessary for rooted devices (or if in the rooting process you have access to the key). Feel free to chime in if you find out more information.

It seems that there is some good info in this stackoverflow answer (https://stackoverflow.com/a/22902808) on how to sign an apk using Google's keys. Not sure if those keys would work for any platform but it's a starting point. https://source.android.c...ces/tech/ota/sign_builds also has some more info on signing builds.
blick54  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 2:04:58 PM(UTC)
blick54

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Tim Go to Quoted Post
The Android App needs the "INJECT_EVENTS" permission in order to inject simulated touch events into the device and the "READ_FRAME_BUFFER" to capture screen data. The app requests these permissions but usually the OS just denies the request. However, when the apk is signed with the platform key, the OS will grant these permissions to the app and the app will be able to inject touch events and capture screen data. So, if we can sign the apk with the platform key, we should be good to go.

The platform key should be the same key used to sign the OS running on the device if you're using a custom version of Android (I think only Google's line of phones use stock Android so most Android versions out there are custom). For example, an apk signed with Samsung's platform key grants the apk a bunch of permissions when the apk is run on a Samsung phone. The process of signing an apk with a vendor's platform key is unfamiliar territory for me so I'm not sure where the platform keys would be obtained or if its necessary for rooted devices (or if in the rooting process you have access to the key). Feel free to chime in if you find out more information.

It seems that there is some good info in this stackoverflow answer (https://stackoverflow.com/a/22902808) on how to sign an apk using Google's keys. Not sure if those keys would work for any platform but it's a starting point. https://source.android.c...ces/tech/ota/sign_builds also has some more info on signing builds.

https://stackoverflow.co...ssion-on-a-rooted-device

i believe this is what your looking for, I also believe teamviewer use a relay to send commands