logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dan.brook  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:51:35 PM(UTC)
dan.brook

Are there any issues with iOS screen sharing. I'm testing this out but can't get the phone to share it's screen. I've been through the screen recording set yp and start screen recording to Control. The Host still says "Waiting for consent". Am I missing a trick somewhere?
Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Do you have the HostSessionWithoutConsent permission for your role? You can check on the Security tab within the Administration page.
ScreenConnect Team
dan.brook  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:35:29 PM(UTC)
dan.brook

Hi Scott, I just found that setting actually. Thanks. I still can't control anything outside of the Control app though. I I can't see the users home screen or access the devices settings etc.
Tim  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:14:22 PM(UTC)
Tim

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

The iOS app currently doesn't let you control anything outside the app but if the guest user starts screen sharing you should be able to see what they are seeing. What is the guest device (e.g. iPad Air 2), iOS version, and app version?

Another gotcha that we run into often is that after adding "Screen Recording" to Control Center, to initiate screen sharing, you have to show Control Center and long press the screen sharing button (looks like 2 concentric circles). After you long press, you need to select "Control" and then "Start Broadcast". At that point, it *should* start screen sharing but if you don't see anything still, let us know and we can keep working through it.