logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Digitalbil  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:47:06 PM(UTC)
Digitalbil

United States

Hello,
I am looking for information or examples on creating and launching support sessions from a desktop application in a Windows 10 or Windows 7 Environment. Can someone point me in the direction of someone who was able to make this happen or a tutorial that walks through how to set it up? I looked over the documentation but its not quite clear or its a bit over my head. I am very familiar with c# and desktop applications, but everything I have come across seems to point towards creating a plugin. Am I maybe missing something ? Is there a difference on self hosted screen connect setups versus not self hosted screen connect accounts? We currently are using a not self hosted screen connect setup. Any tips or tutorials would be helpful and thank you for taking the time to read this.

BillBigGrin

SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:09:31 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I can't offer any help on an API option, but there is an extension called "Auto Session Joiner" that will let you create the session and open it, all by launching a specific URL on the client. You can read about it here: https://controlforum.con...Auto-Session-Joiner.aspx
Digitalbil  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:03:42 PM(UTC)
Digitalbil

United States

wow thank you that will work i believe. I usually go through the addons about once every other week looking for new stuff dont know how i missed that one but thanks for the heads up. Going to try that out today.