logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barindervick89  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 12:19:46 AM(UTC)
barindervick89

India

Hi Guys,
I want to change SC server address.Currently my SC server is like http://support .company.com. My Labtech server address is https;//support.company-cloud.com.
Reason to change SC portal. I have wildcard SSL .*.company-cloud.com so i want to install this certificate on SC server.
Can anyone let me know following things.
1) Can i change SC portal name same as Labtech server name like Support.company-cloud.com. if i point port 8041 to SC server (support.company-cloud.com:8041.)
2) What things need to notice before changes ?
3) what thing should i take backup ?
4) What is the steps to do this.
5) after changed name, what thing i should verify ?

Thanks for your help

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 2:04:50 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To answer your questions specifically:
1. The SC server does not care about it's hostname, it can operate just fine without any concept of it. You can bind the webserver, however, to a specific hostname if necessary. This KB article can help with the port changing process and understanding the implications.
2. For this process it sounds like you're only changing the web server port which means you don't have to worry about losing access to remote machines. This means you should only be changing the WebServerListenUri setting within the web.config
3. In general you should always ensure you have an up to date backup of your Control installation, we have a pretty good KB article here.
4. We have the steps for enabling HTTPS for onpremise servers here.
5. That you can still access the web application and that remote clients are able to connect. You may have to update the address within the Automate plugin settings also.

Overall this process isn't a problem if undertaken in the correct steps, I would recommend giving our Support team a shout so they can better explain the process.
ScreenConnect Team