logo
Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
todd.hansnicki  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:05:11 AM(UTC)
todd.hansnicki

Australia

Hi All,

Revisiting an old topic that the old info doesn't appear to apply to new versions here.

I would like to install Control in our WDS LiteTouch image used for deploying images to our clients. The idea is the end user will only need to boot the PC from network and walk away. Following the guides I have found, I have managed to get the Connectwise files into the wim file but when I launch the Control client, Connectwise application will run (in task manager) then close with no error being shown. What I have done so far;

Created an x86 litetouch WIM. (x64 will generate error about wrong software for this platform)
Used DISM to mount the WIM.
Copy
ScreenConnect.Client.dll
ScreenConnect.Core.dll
ScreenConnect.Windows.dll
ScreenConnect.WindowsClient.exe
ScreenConnect.WindowsClient.config

to a folder in the wim - root\Program Files\ScreenConnect\

Created a dir on root\ScreenConnect and created a remote.txt file containing the strong from the registry key - HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ScreenConnect Client (IDNumber)\ImagePath (minus the Install DIR)

Edited the starnet.cmd to include the following;
:: remote support starting
for %%p in (Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L J I H G F E D C) do if exist "%%p:\ScreenConnect\Remote.txt" set /p SCVar=<"%%p:\ScreenConnect\Remote.txt"
for %%p in (Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L J I H G F E D C) do if exist "%%p:\ScreenConnect\Remote.txt" start "ScreenConnect" "X:\Program Files\ScreenConnect\ScreenConnect.WindowsClient.exe" "%SCVar%"

What happens here is the script will check all drive letter assignments for the file screenconnect\remote.txt and if it finds it, create the variable SCVAR with the contents. Once is finds this info, it will launch the exe location in X:\Program Files\ScreenConnect\ScreenConnect.WindowsClient.exe with the connection string it added to the variable SCVAR. This should launch the control app, register it to our account and make the machine visible for us to remotely image the computer. This is not happening, does anyone have any ideas or thoughts as to why?

I've used the following link to get to this point.

http://www.markcollins.c...screenconnect-windows-pe

Cheers,

Todd