logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robert50  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 10:07:53 PM(UTC)
robert50

United States

I ran into some difficulty setting up a security role to allow a user to install permanent access to a computer. I had to give them access to RunCommandOutsideSession for AllSessionGroups. That works and they can now select the AccessSessionGroups that they have access to.

However, now I want them to be able to install permanent access to a machine where only they would have access. This would be a computer they are currently supporting and no one else should have access to it. Why is there no section in the Access area called My Access or something similar to My Sessions or My Meetings?

Thanks
Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 2:29:42 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 300 post(s)
OOTB we don't include a "My Machines" session group because those groups for the other Session types are defined by the Host (typically the user who created the session). Since Access sessions are created by the software calling back into the machine we don't necessarily have any awareness of who originally built the Access client installer.

Don't worry, though, you can easily sort/assign machines to specific users using a number of different properties. What I typically like to recommend is to enable an additional Custom Property and use that to store the username of the Host who should have access to the specific machine. Custom Properties are customizable labels that can be applied to any session and you can control how they appear on the Host page, for context Organization is a CustomProperty that we enable by default out of the box. For instructions on how to enable additional Custom Properties take a look at our KB, specifically this doc.

Once you have enabled another Custom Property for Access sessions, we can use a dynamic session group filter to only display specific sessions for certain Hosts within the same group.

First, we want to create a Session Group called something similar to "My Assigned Machines" and then set the filter equal to:
Code:

CustomProperty2 LIKE $USERNAME

Now, assuming you've already created this person's user within Control, simply right-click on the machine to which they should have access and set the second custom property (that you defined above) to their username.

There's quite a bit more useful information on our KB for groups here and security roles here.
ScreenConnect Team