logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
compvisions  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:15:13 PM(UTC)
compvisions

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know this has been discussed and answered multiple times but if someone could answer these questions and point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

We have our ScreenConnect software running on a VM (Windows 10) using the default ports. I need to add SSL to the login page. I have read all I have to do is change in the web config port 8040 to 443. This also does not require a redeployment of clients. Is this correct?

Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:35:45 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
So there are several steps required in order to secure the WebServer via https. Do you already have a SSL Certificate?

This KB document goes over the process in greater detail for Windows servers. The basic process is:

1. Install the certificate onto the server
2. Bind it onto the desired port (typically 443)
3. Change the WebServer to listen over https and on port 443

Since you are only changing the port on which the web server listens (not the relay port) you should not need to worry about redeploying clients. I would recommend giving our Support team a shout on the topic, they're pretty good in this area.
ScreenConnect Team