logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrandonCM  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:43:42 PM(UTC)
BrandonCM

Canada

We use ConnectWise to serve our global clients. One of the things we want to implement are automatic messages sent to end users at the beginning of their session. While I was able to create a basic trigger that gives our generic greeting message, the problem is the message will always return in the event the guest's system is rebooted, as ConnectWise Control seems to recognize it as a "new" connection. I am hoping another ConnectWise user here might shed some light on how to make the initial greeting a one-time event and not repeated with every disconnect of the same session, what syntax you may have used in the trigger. Thanks in advance for your help.
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:25:11 AM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
The SC server sees a host window as "connected" until it is manually closed, even if the computer is rebooted. You might be able to work with that somehow. I use the following to generate an email when a client has connected for support, without a tech connected to that system:

Event.EventType = 'Connected' AND Session.SessionType = 'Support' AND Session.HostConnectedCount = 0

I use that same Session.HostConnectedCount = 0 for a lot of my filters, so that they don't trigger when a tech is working on that computer. But that will only do what you need if your techs keep the connection window open while the system reboots.
thanks 1 user thanked SoCo_Systems for this useful post.
BrandonCM on 10/31/2018(UTC)
BrandonCM  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:54:38 PM(UTC)
BrandonCM

Canada

That worked beautifully. With my full string, I added the line you proposed to the end:

Event.EventType = 'Connected' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest' AND Session.SessionType = 'Support' AND Session.HostConnectedCount = 0

When clients connect, they are greeting with an automated message, and so long as a tech is connected to the session, the message does not reappear.

Thanks so much SoCo_Systems!