logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FPSChris  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:36:57 AM(UTC)
FPSChris

United Kingdom

Hey, could anyone help me with a Trigger please.
It's just to ping out an e-mail when the session is over 2 days old, set it to 2 mins for testing.

Event Filter:
Session.Host = 'FPSChris' and Session.SessionType = 'Support' and (Event.EventType = 'CreatedSession' and Event.Time <= $2MINSAGO)

I suspect it's the format of:
Event.Time <= $2MINSAGO

This works in the session filters to see anything less than X or greater than X but I can't find a way to do it in the Trigger. Removing it and creating a session pings me a mail so I know it's working just without the after X mins or days.
Eric  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:55:40 PM(UTC)
Eric

United States

That filter selects for an event with an age, but the trigger is pulled only when the event is created (i.e. its age is ~0).

Instead, following the example in this thread, you can implement a custom trigger handler in an extension with a configurable delay:

Manifest.xml
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ExtensionManifest>
	<Version>0.1</Version>
	<Name>Email on Session Age</Name>
	<Author>Mr. Example</Author>
	<ShortDescription>Sends a notification email when a session reaches a specified age.</ShortDescription>
	<Components>
		<DynamicSessionEventTriggerDefinition SourceFile="SessionEventTrigger.cs"/>
	</Components>
	<Settings>
		<Setting Name="DelayExpressionInNotes" IsServerOnly="true">
			<Description>Expression to look for on a line in a session's Notes to find the session age to trigger upon.</Description>
			<DefaultValue>emailWhenAgeInMinutes=</DefaultValue>
		</Setting>
		<Setting Name="EmailToAddress" IsServerOnly="true">
			<Description>Recipient address for the age notification email.</Description>
			<DefaultValue>youremailhere@server.com</DefaultValue>
		</Setting>
	</Settings>
</ExtensionManifest>

SessionEventTrigger.cs
Code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Threading;
using ScreenConnect;

public class SessionEventTriggerAccessor : IDynamicSessionEventTrigger
{
	public Proc GetDeferredActionIfApplicable(SessionEventTriggerEvent sessionEventTriggerEvent)
	{
		if (sessionEventTriggerEvent.SessionEvent.EventType == SessionEventType.AddedNote) //whenever you add a note, this will scan for an age to trigger on
		{
			return (Proc)delegate
			{
				int delayInMinutes = 0;
				var indexOfValue = sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.Notes.IndexOf(ExtensionContext.Current.GetSettingValue("DelayExpressionInNotes"));

if(indexOfValue < 0 || !int.TryParse(sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.Notes.Substring(ExtensionContext.Current.GetSettingValue("DelayExpressionInNotes").Length), out delayInMinutes))
					return;

int sessionAgeInMinutes = (int)(DateTime.Now.Subtract(sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.FirstEventTime)).TotalMinutes;
				int reportedAgeInMinutes = 0;

if(delayInMinutes > sessionAgeInMinutes) //wait if we have to
				{
					Thread.Sleep((delayInMinutes - sessionAgeInMinutes) * 60 * 1000); //note: max delay is 24 days due to range limits of Int32 and millisecond granularity of Sleep()
					reportedAgeInMinutes = delayInMinutes;
				}
				else //otherwise trigger on anything older than our target
					reportedAgeInMinutes = sessionAgeInMinutes;

using (var client = new SmtpClient())
				using (var mailMessage = ServerToolkit.Instance.CreateMailMessage())
				{
					mailMessage.To.Add(ExtensionContext.Current.GetSettingValue("EmailToAddress"));

mailMessage.Subject = string.Format("Session Age Notification for \"{0}\"", sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.Name);

mailMessage.Body = string.Format("Session \"{0}\" ({1}) is {2} minutes old", sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.Name, sessionEventTriggerEvent.Session.SessionID, reportedAgeInMinutes);
					mailMessage.IsBodyHtml = false;

client.Send(mailMessage);
				}
			};
		}
		else
			return null;
	}
}

(This has only had a minimum of testing, so let me know if you have any issues.)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:56:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FPSChris  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:32:52 AM(UTC)
FPSChris

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Eric Go to Quoted Post
That filter selects for an event with an age, but the trigger is pulled only when the event is created (i.e. its age is ~0).

Instead, following the example in this thread, you can implement a custom trigger handler in an extension with a configurable delay:

(This has only had a minimum of testing, so let me know if you have any issues.)

Thank you, I'll "attempt" to give this a go later today and let you know if it works or if I tweaked it