logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
promptcare  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:36:39 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I don't know why but I get the odd notification about a client starting a new session even though they're on my subscriber plan and SC is already installed on their system (these are residentials, btw). I've edited the wallpaper I use on my portal page but, depending on their screen, it gets hidden behind the session box.
I've tried editing the welcome message but nobody ever reads that (sigh).

My SC page is pretty simple: the domain forwards to a page on my main site, the HTML of which is pretty much just an iframe of my self-hosted SC.

I'd really like to have a popup or something show up *over* the New Session box that tells them to email first but I don't know how to set that up. I'm not a web guy Crying but something that needs to be dismissed before they can start a session.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:00:12 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
So it's not exactly what you're asking but you can force them to click through an additional prompt when joining a support session, similar to when a user types in their name when connecting to a Meeting.

If you change the WebResource 'JoinPanel.SupportPromptParticipantNameVisible' to true you can control the appearance and text within the prompt via 'JoinPanel.SupportPromptMessage'. To my knowledge it also accepts basic html markup for making things bold/adding emphasis.

I don't believe, however, that this prompt appears if they create/join a session via a method added within an extension.
ScreenConnect Team