logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ariel.donahue  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 5:56:50 PM(UTC)
ariel.donahue

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First off, I dig it a lot.

Product Plan Feedback:
-I know it's the CW way to make things modules that can be sold, but this really should be part of Control. I could see it being an upgrade, but if we are already paying for Control, I'd hope this is priced so it is a no-brainer to purchase. It's a nice add, but not a product on it's own

Usage Feedback:
-Page load is really slow sometimes. I'm guessing this is because it is in preview and people are hammering it.

-The first time I loaded it on a couple mobile devices the page resolution was wonky and I had to shrink my view to see the login frame. Subsequent loads seemed to load it just right and I didn't have to zoom.

-When enabling Audio, the phone prompts for additional permissions for the microphone and also re-prompts for the camera again. It seemed that when the client app needs to re-request access to the camera, mic, & speaker, the connection gets a bit flaky. We kept getting the negotiating with CameraPerson notice and it would try over and over, sometimes connecting for a moment, but mostly failing. Mobile device connect fine on subsequent connections, but continues to have connection issues after changing permissions.

Enhancement Suggestions:
-I think it would be nice to make this an Agent app as well. If a tech could take a snap shot or video and choose to save it to view for later re-view at the office or to send to another tech. You could attach them to sessions in ScreenConnect/Labtech or tickets/users/companies in Manage.
thanks 1 user thanked ariel.donahue for this useful post.
ebell on 7/9/2018(UTC)
Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 1:31:48 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 337 time(s) in 291 post(s)
Glad to hear you're liking it and I certainly appreciate the feedback. While I can't speak directly to pricing I know the overall goal is to keep it on the cheaper side; more or less treating it as an upgrade as you mentioned.

As far as the rest of your feedback, I'll try to address them in order.
-We haven't seen a drastic increase in traffic yet that might account for the occasional slow page load times but I'm betting we're not hosting it on the fastest of tiers yet. I'll look into the infrastructure to see if that could be the cause.

-When it loads wonky on these devices, does it just appear to be loading it as if it were on a desktop? I understand its more likely a harder thing to replicate but if you see it again in the future could you please grab a screenshot?

-I'll register a defect for this and investigate further.
edit: When it reprompts for permission(s), which exact permissions are requested? In my testing it prompted to capture audio and to record audio for Chrome (the browser I used to test). I did not see any permission requests for camera access again though. Are you seeing something different?

-We've been debating this quite a bit, there are upsides and downsides to each approach (web vs app) and we haven't settled on a definitive answer. I'll definitely add your comments to the discussion though.

Edited by user Monday, July 9, 2018 1:45:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
EmptyInbox  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:12:14 AM(UTC)
EmptyInbox

Canada

Didn't work on ios iphone X ios 12
smooth0401  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:25:18 PM(UTC)
smooth0401

PC (connectwise control) side:
i7-920 2.7ghz
8gb ram
nvidia geforce 660

phone (camera) side:
Motorola Z Droid

No problem with initial login on the phone through Chrome browser. A picture would quickly pop up on the PC side, followed by "negotiating connection with cameraperson", this process would repeat every few seconds... I never got a "solid" connection.

--rob
kemartinez1  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 3:48:39 PM(UTC)
kemartinez1

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smooth0401 Go to Quoted Post
PC (connectwise control) side:
i7-920 2.7ghz
8gb ram
nvidia geforce 660

phone (camera) side:
Motorola Z Droid

No problem with initial login on the phone through Chrome browser. A picture would quickly pop up on the PC side, followed by "negotiating connection with cameraperson", this process would repeat every few seconds... I never got a "solid" connection.

--rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the report. What browser are you using on your PC?

So, we have two methods in place to establish a connection. The first method called is Stun, which communicates an open port on each device, to each device, so a peer-to-peer channel establishes. The second method called is Turn, which works like Control's relay service. Information is relayed to the server and then to the device. Network setup and/or the browser used can interfere with the success of these methods, which is probably what's going on here. We are looking into updating the messaging when the connection fails and refining each method down the road.
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:25:10 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
i have a motorola z droid, too. have you updated to Android 8.0 yet? while i was still on 7.1.2 i was unable to remotely connect with the CC app though I could use the web interface to run commands and stuff. upgraded to 8.0, rebooted, now the CC app works as expected.
Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:38:32 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 337 time(s) in 291 post(s)
@EmptyInbox how does it not work in your specific situation? Do you see any errors? Which browser are you using on the mobile device?
ScreenConnect Team