logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
diamondcomputer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:04:08 PM(UTC)
diamondcomputer

United States

Good morning.

As the great bulk of our technicians' work can be / is done remotely at this point, we've been experimenting with deploying ChromeBooks for our techs to use. We've had mostly good success so far with decent options for ssh, wifi scanning, IP tools, RDP, etc. either through portal sites in Chrome or using the Android apps capability of the new ChromeBooks. ScreenConnect however, we've had no success with. Neither the Chrome Extension nor the Android app seem to work properly, so my question is whether anyone has had any luck doing sessions from ChromeBooks?

I did actually get on chat with ConnectWise support who told me they'd create a ticket and have a tech call me, but that was weeks ago and I've not heard a word.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any insight you all may be able to provide.

Phil Malmstrom
Diamond Computer Incorporated

Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:38:51 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
First off, do you mind PM'ing me your Support ticket #? I would like to check out why someone didn't follow up with you.

As far as the ability to connect to sessions as a Host from a ChromeOS device we do have a basic functioning app available here.

We do also have a new version of this app being tested internally. It's mostly done with development and just going through the QA process and some minor tuning. I don't have an exact ETA on when it'll be released, but it's likely to be within the next few weeks.
ScreenConnect Team
diamondcomputer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 1:40:24 AM(UTC)
diamondcomputer

United States

Good evening.

I'm sorry, but I can't find the message with the ticket number. It was done through the support chat, but I didn't save a copy of the conversation.

As for the Chrome Extension, I'm afraid it just doesn't work on my Chromebook. After launch it starts up, starts to log into my ConnectWise Remote server, then freezes and after a while the window closes and relaunches.

I just installed the updated Android app and while it seems to work, the menu bar disappears shortly after I connect to a session and I can't seem to get it to come back up. In addition, if I close a window with a session open it doesn't actually terminate, but leaves a link in the notifications panel.

Thanks for the reply.

Phil
Scott  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:38:38 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Very strange, we actually have a revision of the new ChromeOS app in beta and if you're interested, please PM me your email address and I can add you to the list.

Also per your Android app issue, any chance you can post a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can get a better understanding?
ScreenConnect Team