logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCIArtformDev  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:03:24 PM(UTC)
DCIArtformDev

Is it possible to install the ScreenConnect client via deb/.sh AND set the custom properties for the machine?

I know this is possible using the Windows MSI file, but I'm curious how this might be performed in Linux. A quick glance at the installation script....nothing stands out.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:09:12 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 288 post(s)
So neither the .sh or .deb installers are setup to accept parameters passed from the command line. I encourage you to register a feature request if one is not already present within our product feedback portal.

Now, it is possible to configure the client launch parameters after the client has been installed on the machine itself. We store this string of variables within the Client installation, specifically within the ClientLaunchParameter.txt file. By default, the client is installed to /opt/screenconnect-xxx (where the xxx is your server's public key thumbprint).

There should be several c= values that correspond to each Custom Property and you can modify them to whatever values you prefer. Now, the catch is that the server only pays attention to these properties as specified by the client upon its first connection to the server. We can get around this by also modifying the SessionID property (s=) and then restart the client so that it calls back to the server as if it were a new session. This does create a duplicate entry on the Host page, but it's easy enough to just End the original session without the updated custom properties.

I can agree it's not an ideal solution, but it certainly can get the job done.
ScreenConnect Team