logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GrisCorp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:24:33 PM(UTC)
GrisCorp

I want to disable the automatic lock screen at disconnect for ALL my machines. Either the user is constantly having to log back in or I am (when I know the password, such as servers or generic users) often within seconds of having JUST logged back in. It is preventing me from doing my job; often a user will have me connect and then step away for a break or lunch, then the connection blips and I am stuck at their login until they return. I will take care of locking the screen myself, if it is necessary, before disconnecting. How do I go about this? I am new to ConnectWise Control and I do not see any settings when I log in to my account that provide for this.

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:29:08 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge this setting isn't enabled by default by done via a change to the app.config file. Have you or anyone with access to your installation made this kind of change?

Either way, you can just revert that change via an Extension. The Extension is called Edit App.Config Settings, more information can be found here.

The setting(s) you want to ensure are set to false are AccessLockMachineOnDisconnect and SupportLockMachineOnDisconnect, depending upon the session type.

To ensure the changes are propagated, you have to issue a Reinstall for each Access client from the Host page. You can do this by right-clicking on a session and selecting Reinstall. You can also use the checkboxes to select all Sessions and issue the command that way.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:30:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team