logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scott  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 2:20:19 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 337 time(s) in 291 post(s)
SOS

Introduction:
The SOS Deployer allows a customer or a guest to quickly request help from a technician. The SOS Deployer creates a small executable that your customers can click on in order to request assistance. When a guest requests assistance, the extension will create a new support session for you to assist your customer. Watch the video below to get a better idea!

Requirements:
Your instance must be running version 6.3 or above. The executable is only available for Windows machines with .NET 4.5 and above.

Extension setup:
Install the extension from the Extension Marketplace. Once installed, the SOS Deployer extension will appear on your Extensions page.

Customize the Quick Support SOS window:
Next, you'll need to customize the appearance of the Quick Support SOS window for your customers. On the Extensions page, find the SOS Deployer extension and open the Options menu. Select "Edit Settings." In this window, you can specify text and colors for the Quick Support SOS window. For each setting that you want to change, select the "Custom" radio button and enter a new value.

CustomFields

Add the SOS shortcut to your customers' machines:
You can download the SOS executable to send to your customers, or you can run the executable file on a remote machine to automatically copy the program and create a desktop shortcut.

Download the Quick Support SOS executable:
From the Administration page, click your user icon and select "Download Quick Support SOS." By default, the file will be named "Quick Support SOS.exe." From here, you can distribute this file to your customers.

UserPostedImage

Run the Quick Support SOS file from your shared toolbox:
Once you have installed the SOS Deployer extension, the Quick Support SOS executable will automatically be added to your shared toolbox.

UserPostedImage

When you run the .scapp file on a remote device, the SOS executable will be copied to your customer's device, and a shortcut will be added to the desktop.

UserPostedImage

Review your SOS requests:
When your customers run the executable, they will be prompted to enter their name, email address, and a description of the issue. For more information, see our guide to requesting support using Quick Support SOS. Each request will be listed in the Support section of the Host page.

UserPostedImage

Tip: You will see dot notifications beside each new request. Click the Notes tab to clear the notification.

Also on the Notes tab, you will see the customer's contact information and their issue.

UserPostedImage

Connect to your customer:
Join the SOS session as a host and use the host client to resolve the issue.

Note:
This is an alpha release and as such there may be some issues. Please respond to this post with any feedback!

Edited by moderator Friday, March 30, 2018 5:59:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 10:57:39 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I definitely like the simplicity on the client/customer side, but I'm a little confused on the real world usage. If I am deploying it to customers through an existing access or support session, why would I need it to create a new support session for the SOS request? It seems like the only time I would need it to create a new session is with computers I don't already have an access session with, in which case I wouldn't have been able to deploy the SOS exe to to them in the first place.

Am I missing something?
myers6mm  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:43:18 AM(UTC)
myers6mm

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoCo_Systems Go to Quoted Post
I definitely like the simplicity on the client/customer side, but I'm a little confused on the real world usage. If I am deploying it to customers through an existing access or support session, why would I need it to create a new support session for the SOS request? It seems like the only time I would need it to create a new session is with computers I don't already have an access session with, in which case I wouldn't have been able to deploy the SOS exe to to them in the first place.

Am I missing something?

I'm thinking it's something that you would put on their desktop so when you access sessions isn't working, this would be your backup. I do something similar I put a "Guest Session Starter Exe" in a folder on the C drive, so when the access session is't working I direct them to that.
thanks 1 user thanked myers6mm for this useful post.
ebell on 5/16/2018(UTC)
ebell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:05:03 PM(UTC)
ebell

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Noticed the message stating the Guest Session Starter EXE extension is being deprecated. Based on this I have two suggestions for this Extension:

1. Have the ability to add custom-text above the Name field or add a logo. There is nothing describing what this application does. So if I leave it behind on computers it will get deleted as no one will remember what it is. If I can add a description above name that says, "If you are experiencing any computer issues or would like assistance..."

2. Have the ability to change the link on the Guest page from "Download Quick Support SOS" to something that makes more sense. Similar to "Download Desktop Client". So adding a Setting option for the download link value on line 16 of the Web.en-us.resx file would be desired.

Thank you.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:06:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar

NJH.siii  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:31:46 AM(UTC)
NJH.siii

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have been using the "Guest Session Starter Exe" extension successfully until a few months ago. This extension enabled me to customise the icon in the exe to carry my branding. This is extremely important.

Custom Branding was one of the key reasons for choosing ScreenConnect as my Remote Support Software Solution. I support a number of small businesses and domestic EU. They are in the most part, not very computer literate, many are computer novices and the others are complete numpties. As such my logo needs to be the one they see on their desktop (not just buried inside the application after they have run it).

After I have established a relationship with a customer, my brand logo is their reassurance that it’s me at the other end and not some ne’erdowell.
Please re-instate the ability to customise the icon associated with this SOS extension. (Using Resource Hacker to change the icon embedded in the exe breaks the extension).

Regards
Nigel
FAB-ITRescue

Edited by user Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:38:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nigel
FAB-ITRescue
thanks 1 user thanked NJH.siii for this useful post.
ebell on 6/21/2018(UTC)
deecater  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:54:48 PM(UTC)
deecater

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you for the feedback, NJH.siii. We actually have that enhancement registered so should have it updated fairly soon.
thanks 1 user thanked deecater for this useful post.
NJH.siii on 6/25/2018(UTC)
aslee  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 1:32:15 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

It would be great if I could replace 'Name', 'Email', and 'Describe your issue' with text of my choosing. For language localization purposes.
aslee  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 8:27:35 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

Originally Posted by: aslee Go to Quoted Post
It would be great if I could replace 'Name', 'Email', and 'Describe your issue' with text of my choosing. For language localization purposes.

I'd also like to be able to edit the following:

1) 'Name is required'
'Name is required'

2) 'Email is required'
'Email is required'

3) Application title: 'Quick Support SOS' (remains this way, even after setting a custom value for SOSDeployer.Application.Title); Text: 'Your request...'; Button: 'Done'
'Quick Support SOS'; 'Your request...'; 'Done'

4) Prefix: 'QuickSupport SOS Client'
'QuickSupportSOS Client'